• MTBAggie
    agreed. But that was a long time ago. Regardless, YEEESSSSS!!!!! Nice "W!"
  • CA Forever
    What a performance! Aggies defense looked elite and the offense did just enough to win it! A game to remember for sure! GO AGS!
  • cmt
    Holy crap. Went to check the US soccer roster and the score popped up with us up with about 4 minutes left.

Amazing win.
  • DrMike
    Hunter is SO much better than spring. The reason you keep running early is so we can run late. Great win
  • AggieFinn
    $1.5 Million Dollars --- and a 1-0 start, and a skyrocketing boost in the national polls.
  • Zander
    UC Davis is 2-5 against FBS in the Dan Hawkins era and a whopping 2-1 against non-PAC schools if I'm counting right.

Stunning start to the season
  • movielover
    Except for run Defense. Major win.

MVP shared between:
    - Harrell
    - Venable
    - Rodriguez
    - Gomez (oversight)
    - Tulsa 12 penalties & 3 TOs
  • 88Aggie
    What a great win!!
  • CA Forever
    Agreed, I was admittedly a Hunter doubter after the spring season but that was a complete performance. Accurate and smart decision making. No forcing of plays. Very excited to see what he does against FCS defenses.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggie Pride 100% everyone of those Aggies!
  • CA Forever
    Prince is a very talented, big, and bruising RB. It was bound to happen at some point in the game. The defense shut an FBS offense totally down. They were absolutely excellent.
  • agalum
    Wow. Impressive. Let’s not have a let down at SD
  • movielover
    We're building a resume for upsets.

- Stanford
    - San Jose State
    - Tulsa

No UC Davis PSA tonight?
  • MTBAggie
    Venable was outstanding tonight. Can't wait to see more of him.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Some final Stats:

Total Yards: Tulsa 448 Ags 399
    Hunter 28-35 for 311 yards and 1 TD
    3rd down conversions: Ags 10-19 Tulsa 2-10
    TO's: Ags 0 Tulsa 3
  • tokyoag
    money-bring-me-my-money.gif

Great win! “Now time to bring me my money!”
  • CA Forever
    I think the run game will improve against more appropriately sized FCS d lines. Tulsa has size and speed in their front 7.
  • Riveraggie
    Tulsa is not better than the 2005 Stanford team. That Stanford team played two top ten teams UCLA and Norte Dame tough. And would have been bowl eligible with another win.
  • Zander
    I'm not sure whether it was an upset on paper but I'd add the absolute demolition of Montana at Wa-Griz to the list
  • BlueGoldAg
    It was Davis vs Goliath and Davis won again!

It's amazing how well we held up against their size and speed. Rushing yards we're really hard to come by. It also appears we didn't suffer any major injuries. They were so big...that O lineman that pancaked Larison weighs 365 pounds!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    What a fantastic win. It'll be one rocking trip home!!!
  • Riveraggie
    Tulsa was unable to sustain drives. They had tons of yardage per play , but when they needed to convert on third down they.were 2/10..
    We got much less yardage per play but we’re able to.get a convert 10/19 third downs.
    I thought we’d have more success running but our passing game was better than expected.
    We outplayed them, mostly at QB even though they dominated the line play..
    Gilliam really showed his value at the end.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggie LB, Cole Hansen, who made that big INT in the second half, wasn't able to play in the first half because he had to sit out the first half due to a targeting penalty from the EWU game last spring.
  • movielover
    Random stats that jump out.

Defense

Venable - 9, 6 solo - Soph
    Buchanan - 8, 4 solo, 1 sack - Red FROSH - PICK
    Trimble - 7, 4 solo, 1.5 sacks - Junior
    Perryman - 5, 3 solo - Junior
    Eaton - 5, 2 solo - Soph
    Hansen - 2, PICK

We also had contributions from guys like Calvin Mouisset w 2 tackles.

Red Zone attempts
    Ags 4 of 4
    Tulsa 1 of 3

3rd Down Efficiency
    Ags 10 of 19
    Tulsa 2 of 10

Tulsa averaged 7.9 yards per carry... thank you for throwing the ball!
  • 69aggie
    Co-MVPs Rodrigues, Castles and UG. UG’s last run won the game. I wish I could be on that plane home! A great win. And yes, better than Stanford because we had thousand of fans in the stands there and it was in our neighborhood. Same temps. Tulsa OK is a very bad place for California people to be. We are not liked in OK. I bet this verve was not lost on the Tulsa players. Well, so we won!
  • movielover
    Cameron Salerno@cameronsalerno1

UC Davis beats Tulsa (FBS) 19-17 in the season-opener. Whitney/ARC product Hunter Rodrigues was terrific going 28/35 for 311 yards. He also threw a touchdown to McCallan Castles. The UCD defense made plays.

IMO, the Big Sky is the best FCS football conference in the country.

https://twitter.com/cameronsalerno1/status/1433623904078106637?s=20

Jesse Gavin@JesseGavin1

FCS UC-Davis defeated Tulsa 19-17 tonight. Davis is currently coached by Dan Hawkins, who you might remember from his “This ain’t intramurals, brother” rant while he was head coach at Colorado.
  • Riveraggie
    CJ Hutton was impressive.
  • NCagalum
    maybe but only 190 yards in that game against the ags - they were not good. Defense won both that game and tonight despite giving up 450 yards.
  • movielover
    Why did Tulsa even pass?
  • MTBAggie
    I'd be surprised if that quarterback starts next week.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!