• BlueGoldAg
    From Hero Sports:

No. 24 UC Davis at No. 2 Sacramento State

Another great rivalry to end the regular season. UC Davis is in a win-and-in situation to finish 7-4 with back-to-back road wins over ranked opponents. A loss, and getting in at 6-5 on this large bubble will be tough. Sac State can secure a Top 2 seed with a win.

UC Davis has been on a terror lately, destroying its opponents, including Idaho for most of last week’s game. The offensive line has been playing at a high level, and UC Davis can score on you quickly with some explosive athletes. Sac State’s defense will have to play one of their better games. The Hornets can also score in a multitude of ways, and their ground game has proven to be tough to fully contain.

This is going to be a battle. But it seems every week when we think Sac State could lose, it finds a way to win. This may be another big Asher O’Hara game on the ground to control the clock and keep UC Davis’ offense off the field.

Prediction: Sac State 35-31

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2022-week-12-predictions-montana-montana-state-bzbz/
  • DavisAggie
    UC Davis has beaten the spread by 10+ in 5 straight games. An amazing run. The Sharps will be on Davis this week
  • movielover
    I believe the game will be decided by 4 things:

Our O line
    Our D line
    Our linebackers
    Special teams / TOs

If our D can limit their run game, we're in it.

StubHub still showing 89 tickets available. Hornets will wear throwback helmet decals.

Go Ags!
  • Toke69
    I once went to a men's basketball game at Sac State in which the Hornet's gym was filled with Aggie students and other fans. The Sac State rooting section was isolated as one, perhaps 50 foot, stretch of the home side bleachers. The Ag cheerleaders led us all in a yell that was something like "Welcome to a UC Davis home game." Of course, the Aggies won. I hope that the Hornet stadium this Saturday will resemble that game with a majority of the seats being taken by Aggie alums, students and other fans. An old friend of mine who never goes to Aggie football games is going to this one. If their fans are many and vocal, it will help encourage the guys to win this one.
  • AggieFinn
    It'd be great to see a huge Aggie showing in the stands. I hope they're revving this up on campus, because we need the horsepower on Saturday.
  • movielover
    Unfortunately, given how our seasons evolved, we should expect the opposite.
  • fugawe09
    I hope the Sac grounds team has tightened all the bolts. Last time Hornet stadium had this kind of interest (2000-ish?), part of the upper deck collapsed. I think that might have also been the first time I saw some classy sac state gals backed up to the urinals in the mens room.
  • movielover
    Is the Visitors section on the East side? Do they sell beer? And how is the food there? What is the local place where folks meet for pregame eats?

Go Ags!
  • agalum

Jj Pfisters, an Aggie alumni, at 11 am. He’s even offering a shuttle to and from the game for those interested. He’s having a party post game as well.
    I was there last Saturday for my grandsons youth allstar game. They actually have some really good roach coaches there. No regular concessions, just food trucks.
    I’m picking up AggieFin in Davis and we’ll be headed to JJ’s.
    Yes, east side. I’ve found it best to park across the street south of the stadium and bypass the drunken idiots.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It should be a great, collegiate atmosphere tomorrow. I really like this Aggie team and I feel like we've been largely overlooked since we started 1-4 agains a brutal schedule. I want us to win this one so bad. Go Ags!
  • movielover
    Good food? Place looks classy. 4 miles from stadium?

https://www.jjpfister.com/
  • agalum

Agreed, but not just win, let ‘em have it Aggie style!
  • movielover
    62 degrees at kickoff and sunny. We could beat them tomorrow... and return a few weeks later for a rematch.
  • CA Forever
    The big day is here! Win and we're in!

GO AGS! BEAT THE HORNETS!
  • AggieFinn
    Go Ags! BEAT SAC
  • NCagalum
    Aggie wide receivers did a great job blocking last week (noted by Jason Eck). The tunnel screens went for some big yards because of that. I think an important key to today’s game for the Ags is to again be physical and win the trenches.
  • movielover
    Where is Sac strongest on D?
  • NCagalum
    I think they have good linebackers. They have that Texas transfer - I think no. 46 or 47. He has a reputation for spearing and has had 2 targeting penalties. Montana fans hate him due to the targeting on their QB Johnson. The Aggie offense has really been clicking and I think the multitude of offensive options will be another key today.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree that Sac's LB's are one of their defensive strengths. I've watched parts of several Sac games and their defense is very aggressive especially their LB's. They swarm to the ball and gang tackle. Their DB's are good also. They have speed and athleticism. It won't be easy to go deep on them but we haven't gone deep very often this year anyway.

Sac is going to come in very fired up and aggressive. I would imagine that we may have some plays dialed up to take advantage of their aggressiveness with our short passing game. We've done a good job of protecting Hastings this year and we'll need to do that today so that our receivers have enough time to find the creases in the Sac pass defense. I don't see us breaking big plays against their D but I sure hope I'm wrong!
  • Toke69
    Sac State's men will soon be routed by our dazzling C.
  • movielover
    Tickets still available via the Sac State website, no added fee if you take a digital ticket via a ticket app. $20.
  • NCagalum
    we’ll stomp them in the mud their green will turn to blood in our hour of victory.

Oh well, doesn’t have the same ring with artificial turf.
  • AggieFinn2
    Game cancelled. Everybody go home lol.

Look how popular my topic thread is
  • agalum
    Free game tickets at JJ Pfisters!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Did Unitrans do a gameday shuttle this year? Or did they stop doing it now that they run buses to Sac UCD campus?
  • NCagalum
    Scott Marsh just said last year was the first time UCD beat Weber in Ogden. Not true.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here we go Aggies, here we go!
  • CA Forever
    Well... Not an ideal start
  • Toke69
    Rats! I thought we had them stopped. Good play call by Troy Taylor on 4th down though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!