• CK2
    I came away happy with what I saw from the Aggies yesterday but even less impressed with TAMC. That is not a good football team and will struggle for most of the year. UCD did exactly what they should have done based on the competition.

Before even seeing Oregon St play, I make Davis +21 vs next week. Think that's a pretty reasonable number but may shift based on what the Beavs do this weekend. I could see it anywhere from 17 to 24 pending that outcome and how they look. I SLIGHTY upgraded Davis after yesterday. Big downgrade to TAMC.

Thanks to those who recapped the transfers and new faces who saw time, much appreciated. Good stuff!
  • Riveraggie
    We had some head scratching interceptions for sure.
    The interception near the end of the first half was a good play on their part but dumb to even run a play with a route so conducive to a pick six when just seconds remain. Perez made a shoe string tackle or that would have been 6.
  • AggieFinn2
    There weren't enough turnovers.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Sac is going to slaughter them in CA,
    Question about TAMC: Are most of their players from TX/SE US? I'd understand a bit more if they had lots of Californians because it's one thing to practice and another to play in a game. But if they were local, you'd think they'd do ok. Didn't someone say the humidity at game time wasn't too high in the 30% range (which isnt out of the question in the west?
  • DavisAggie
    for much of the 1st half, Commerce had more barfing players on the field than points (2 v. 0)
  • DavisAggie
    Did anyone see the play where Gale lines up at RT and Parks moves over to outside of LT, then Gale goes out for pass? I have not seen that before. 2nd quarter
  • Riveraggie
    Too much heat over the last few weeks in Texas probably got in the way of their conditioning, by limiting exertion. Aside from the ability to sweat, their is not much a body can do to adapt to heat, and all athletes can sweat buckets,
  • NCagalum
    Larison is a Swiss Army knife. His one pass for a completion was a bullet and accurate. I am pretty sure he has a stronger arm than any of the quarterbacks on the roster.
  • Riveraggie

If Tompkins could throw like Larison he’d still be a QB. I thought Tompkins had a good game aside from the dropped pass. Interesting that after the interception in front of Tompkins near the end of the first half, that Perez caught up to the defensive back and saved the touchdown.
  • movielover
    Did Chukwudobe break tackles and run over people again? Impressive YPC (11.3?), just like Cal Poly last year, but on limited carries (3).
  • Riveraggie
    He ran with determination. You have to watch in the fourth quarter when he was in, Showed enough speed to completely reverse the direction of a play and get around the opposite edge.
  • BlueGoldAg
    TAMC posted the official attendance at 4227 and and showed 91 degrees at kickoff.
  • fugawe09
    After the game got less interesting, I noticed a sign for Tokyo Express just outside the stadium. Apparently 4.5 stars on Google with reviews saying it competes with any big city sushi joint. So the question, is a small town in BFE Texas hiding a cultural gem or is the average reviewer just happy to have something other than another bbq brisket joint?
  • agalum

Its like people in Seattle rating a mexican place.
  • SochorField
    Good interview with their coach.
    He sounds like he knows they're going to get pasted next week too.
    Tough OOC schedule to start with Sac and Old Dominion coming up on the road.
  • DavisAggie
    Bump:

Did anyone see the play where Gale lines up at RT and Parks moves over to outside of LT, then Gale goes out for pass? I have not seen that before. 2nd quarter
  • Riveraggie
    Did Gale catch the pass? Ended up near the two yard line?
  • Toke69
    I lived in Seattle for 8 years. Lots of great restaurants up there and some very good sushi bars.
  • Riveraggie
    You are correct, that’s what they did. Their coach in his postgame interview references plays like this, so there are probably others.
    I didn't see that at game time, or the first time in replay, you have a good eye.
  • agalum

Yes, I’ve been there. I was too brief, i was referring to mexican restaurants, say Seattle vs San Diego. My experience is that reviewers in the NW have a lower standard on mexican food as compared to Socal.
  • Riveraggie
    In addition to sophomore Eli Simonson at left tackle I noticed that a true Freshman Izaiah Souriolle, was in at LT on Perez’s long touchdown run on the left side. So we have two newcomers traveling and playing in their first game as Aggies on the offensive line. Eli, and Izaiah could be biblical on the line.

The guy that started, Eli Simonson, isn’t even listed in the box score. One of many errors in the statistics attributable to not publishing a depth chart.
  • Fan4Life
    There is also Peter Povey. The O-line will now be called the Bible Belt.
  • movielover
    Some services had Izaiah Souriolle as 3 star, and he had offers from Air Force, Fresno, and the Ivys. Weights listed at 285 and 300.
  • Riveraggie
    CA Forever is my trusted source for this:
    OL Izaiah Souriolle *** 6'3 300 Chaparral High School (Temecula, CA) Tweet
    Offers: Air Force, Army, Columbia, Dartmouth, Fresno State, Lehigh, Nevada, New Mexico State, UC Davis, Utah State

Both Eli and Izaiah are 295 on our roster, for what that’s worth. I noticed Mike Cody said Jordan Ford weighs 305 lbs, whereas the Roster has him at 273.
  • Riveraggie
    I just noticed they ran Larison from the wildcat at the 2, with Chubba as the lead blocker. Chubba lined up as a tight end on the right, pulled and crossed over to the left side and led the ball carrier,
  • DavisAggie
    https://herosports.com/fcs-2023-pff-highest-graded-players-1-bzbz/

Povey and Budgett get very high marks. Gale also top-5 for his position.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!