• CA Forever
    They haven't shown an angle that doesn't look like a catch yet
  • CA Forever
    And the Aggies break the 30 point mark!
  • NCagalum
    Larison with some good blocking. Really needed a TD there.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great adjustment to the ball by Gabatu on that catch. He’s very athletic!
  • Toke69
    Too bad Larison will never get a shot in the NFL. If Ulonzo and Keelan can't make it, he probably will suffer from the FCS knock.
  • CA Forever
    We might having something in Gbatu. He's young, but has started to establish himself as a playmaker.
  • NCagalum
    Unsportsmanlike is just unacceptable.

Gives them great field position.
  • CA Forever
    Can't dive at the ankles for a tackle...
  • Toke69
    I hope the Viking receiver is okay. He fell head first. Could be a very serious injury.
  • NCagalum
    He walked back so probably ok. Saschere looks like he pulled something on his shoulder on his last throw.
  • Idaho Aggie
    What a great play that was, and he stays in to keep the clock going. Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    That's a feel good catch right there given his injury history
  • Toke69
    The receivers have made a lot of great clutch catches the whole game.
  • CA Forever
    LL gets his 3rd TD of the game and that should do it for the Ags!
  • DaddyAggie
    What a great 4th quarter for the Ags
  • NCagalum
    Lan Larison is just a stud. Run blocking has improved and I think Portland State is getting tired.
  • NCagalum
    Good think they scored a TD and didn’t try a field goal. That extra point attempt was ugly.
  • NCagalum
    Good win. Good to see second half offense and defense did a good job again.
  • AggieFinn
    Finally finishing a game.
  • Zander
    Even with allowing 23 it felt like the most complete game this season
  • CA Forever
    I was hoping that we would have a turnover free game, but all-in-all this was a surprisingly good showing by the Aggies. We haven't seen the Ags truly have a 2nd half to be proud of all season, but after letting PSU get back into the game in the 3rd the offense and defense both settled in and did what they needed to do to win. Looked like a totally different red zone offense and showed on the scoreboard. Larison is a monster. What a boon to the program.
  • NCagalum
    I am confident he will be drafted. He is a total athlete with a build the nfl will like. As good as he was, Gilliam suffered from being on the small size. I think Larison is a bit faster too. There are quite a few former FCS players in the NFL. If you are good, they will find you. The starting quarterback for the Chicago Bears last I knew is a former D2 player.
  • NCagalum
    Allowing 23 against Portland is not bad at all especially considering 6 points on absolute bomb field goals.
  • Toke69
    I hope you're right. I know that Jimmy Garoppolo, Cooper Kupp and even way back to Walter Payton and Jerry Rice were FCS, but it takes not only exceptional talent but a willingness on the part of NFL scouts to look at you. The knock is often that they have not played against high caliber opposition. In the case of the PSU kicker, his stats tell the story and the opposition is not a factor.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This was our most complete game of the year. So great to see Winston Williams catch that pass and rumble for big yards. Huge play!

Tough seeing Rex Connors on a scooter with a boot on his left leg and Chubba on crutches with a boot on his right leg. That’s 2 huge loses for us. Lots of credit to those players that stepped up for them.
  • movielover
    Attendance: 8945

UCD Stats:
    3rd Down conversion: 8 of 12
    Red zone scores: 6 of 6

LL - 136 yds rushing
    Gbatu - 4 rec, 70 yds, 1 TD
    Kavir Bains, 12 total tackles
  • Riveraggie
    Starters. What is wrong with this list, copied from the box score? There are only four offensive linemen is one clue, and we don’t start 12 guys on defense. Another is that only one guy on the team wears #70 and he is not Luke. Same error 9 games in a row, and this error propagates into player’s bios and team statistics. It is not just that Eli Simonson isn’t credited with starting he isn’t credited with playing at all.
    # Player Pos.
    3 Budgett,Jehiel DB
    6 Alexander,Markeece DB
    22 Verner,Semaj DB
    23 Bains,Kavir DB
    26 Shamburger,Lamont DB
    70 Roncevich,Luke DL
    75 Toki,Princeton DL
    86 Bearden,Evan DL
    95 Kennedy,Zach DL
    7 Tattersall,Evan LB
    15 Buchanan,Teddye LB
    53 Eaton,Nick LB
    63 Povey,Peter OC
    60 Parks,Jake OL
    65 Ford,Jordan OL
    79 Nava,Ernesto OL
    7 Hastings,Miles QB
    3 Larison,Lan RB
    82 Simpson,Ian TE
    1 Hutton,C.J. WR
    4 Davis,Chaz WR
    8 Gbatu, Jr.,Samuel WR
  • agalum
    Well, we finally started scoring in the second half and from the red zone. Maybe our best game of the season. Very proud of the fellas and coaches for responding with a great game plan. Where has Winston Wilson been? I had to look him up on the program after that huge play.
    I left in the closing seconds. Did the PSU coach shake Hawkins hand?
  • Riveraggie
    Hawkins and Barnum had what seemed to be a cordial exchange after the game. Winston Williams has reportedly been on a multi year recovery from an unreported injury. He was one of the top Aggie recruits in his class.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!