• agalum

Yeah, I’m rooting for big sky even though Hauck is a total dick.
  • NCagalum
    Classy well fed Montana fans dropping f-bombs on TV.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana 20 Furman 14 at the half.
  • agalum
    28-28 OT! Good game. Furman has a strong D. My well educated wife had to tell me what a Paladin was.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Furman ties it up at 28 on a amazing 4th down TD and we're going to OT.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana 35 Furman 28 OT - Finał
  • Riveraggie
    It’s not the gun slinger on Have Gun Will Travel ?
  • NCagalum
    haha yah, that would be an alternate definition.
  • NCagalum
    Furman-Montana synopsis: two very good defenses and two very poor passing performances. Game won by special teams differential.
  • agalum
    Yeah that Montana punt returner is really good. I think he was responsible for 2 of their scores.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Man, Montana is a tough place to play. The fans are LOUD and many are loud & rude as well. There were F bombs that could be heard at times and half the stadium joined into a "bullshit" chant on a pass interference call against the Griz in the final seconds before Furman tied the game in regulation. The PI call wasn't even close, it was a mugging but that didn't stop the fans from joining into the chorus.

I was surprised that the play even went to review because it wasn't even close but they reviewed it while the fans kept up the chant. Surprisingly, the PI stood as called on the field. I figured they would overturn it since Montana seems to be the one of the darlings of the FCS powers that be.

I found myself pulling for Furman as the game went on even though it's good for the Big Sky to have Montana and Idaho advance. The rude behavior from many of the fans, Hauck's fiery attitude and always whining, all those dirty plays from past years that Hauck allowed including quite a few from his son when he played and the favoritism they receive from the FCS big wigs was just too much for me to pull for them.
  • NCagalum
    Not much class with either their coach or fans. Not a good look for the University but I don’t think either care.

I think NDSU will handle them next week. They are taking it to South Dakota.
  • MTBAggie
    NDSU rolling SD 35-3 just before half time.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I didn't't expect this!
  • agalum
    Just tuned in NDSU. Wow, didn’t expect that.
  • NCagalum
    Watching the Colorado schools of mines D2 playoff game. More interesting than NDSU-USD game at this point.
  • BlueGoldAg
    South Dakota State 23 Villanova 12
    NDSU 45 South Dakota 17
  • Toke69
    Why are all of the Dakota teams always so good? They.re like the Alabama/Georgia of the FCS.
  • movielover
    Grind it out tough and modest academics?
  • Riveraggie
    States where they are the biggest attraction, so they get publicity.
  • agalum
    16-14 Idaho at half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Albany 30 Idaho 22 - Final

Horrible 2nd half for Idaho.
  • cmt
    The Albany thing is pretty crazy. Prior to this year they were 2-3 all time in the playoffs. They made it in 1977 (in D III) and then in 2011 and 2019 in FCS. They've now won 11 games this year. They've only done that once ever and only won 10+ games twice in their history. Like our 2018 season seems like an anomaly but we at least had a DII history. Albany has no history and all of a sudden they're in the semis.
  • 72Aggie

"Why are all of the Dakota teams always so good?"

No pro-sports. No big time D-1 schools. The closest schools with FBS football are Wyoming, Nebraska, Minnesota.
  • Idaho Aggie
    I was at both Idaho playoff games. Albany has a great defense, but the game was there for Idaho. They had a chance to win and let it slip out of their hands. Still a great season, and Coach Eck has been a breath of fresh air after Patrino.
  • movielover
    ESPN: "USC made another significant addition to address its underperforming defense, hiring North Dakota State head coach Matt Entz as the school's linebackers coach and assistant head coach for defense."

He made $400K at NDSU.
  • AggieFinn

From Fargo, ND to University Park, Los Angeles === slightly different culture, ha ha

Albany @ South Dakota State
    North Dakota State @ Montana

Tough calls all the way around...but it will be cold at both games that's for sure. I still like South Dakota State to take it all. Albany's been hot though.
  • agalum
    Albany has the two stud edge rushers. Idaho was actually doing a great job handling them until one of them forced the qb to fumble which essentially sealed the deal for Albany. Like Hawk has often said, 2 or 3 plays in a game can be the deciding factors. I see this as an easy win for SDSU with their physicality.
  • agalum
    Regarding the 400k that Entz was making at NDSU, i sure hope our admin has Coach Plough up to that level.
  • movielover
    Maybe after a few FCS titles.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!