• CA Forever
    New offer on OL David Porotesano out of Oceanside! GO AGS!

• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies had Aiden Sullivan on campus a few days ago. He's showing 11 D1 offers now after getting an offer from Washington State.

agi6du3a6fyc9vws.png
  • movielover
    Another O Line commit!

Jezniah Thurston@JezniahThurston
    3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ LT | 2024 | Citrus Valley HS | 6’4” 274 // 80in Wingspan |

He had numerous offers, including San Jose State, EWU, SLO, NAU and Weber.

https://x.com/JezniahThurston/status/1736579922527969681?s=20

Edit: it looks like we offered him early, others followed.
  • CA Forever
    Recruiting class is really starting to round out now. Hopefully we get most of these guys signed on Wednesday! GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    First big signing day starts in the morning. They should be coming in bright and early and I'll update this page as I'm able... Considering work hours and all.
  • agalum

Thanks for all your efforts on this.
  • movielover
    RB Carter Vargas committed to Nevada in the summer. Twitter.
  • CA Forever
    I enjoy compiling the information so no need for thanks, but I appreciate it. I always like looking at the future of Aggie football.

He de-committed early December when Nevada changed coaching staff.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Many thanks for keeping the recruiting topic going easy year! I really enjoy there suspense of who we are after and who we get.
  • agalum
    BTW once the final tally is in athletics showcases the new recruits at an event at El Macero. I assume Coach Plough will continue the tradition. Wife and I always go, it’s a fun event.
  • movielover
    DL Luke Levengood at ARC has 3 years eligibility and 6'4", 275 (240 in HS). ARC upset #5 CCSF in the playoffs.
  • CA Forever
    Alright signing day here we go! GO AGS!
  • agalum
    Jezniah Thurston Is an Aggie

: bit.ly/UCDavisNSD23
    #GoAgs
  • Riveraggie
    11 signees
    https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2023/12/20/football-aggies-ink-11-newcomers-in-early-signing-period.aspx

They sure got the press release out quick.
    Seven guys listed in CA Forever’s list at the top of this discussion as having FBS offers.
    Class seems targeted to positions where we lost the most to graduation and transfer.
    They should still have some room for transfers or later commits.
  • CA Forever
    Pretty amazing that we didn't have a single de-commit with a new HC coming in! Looks like a great class so far! I'll get everything updated in just a little bit.
  • Riveraggie
    They use the roster bio page as the skeleton on the signing page, but that doesn’t list players weight. Its always been inconvenient that you have to go to the roster list to see that and these guys aren’t listed there, so all we know about these guys from the site is their name school and height.
  • movielover
    Given the quality is fantastic but the smaller class size - the magic question is if we have unused scholarships, did we use them on recent PWOs, or did we save some for Coach Plough to use for Jucos, transfers, and the normal signing period?
  • Riveraggie
    No way they don’t have some available.
    Who among the 18 seniors and grad players exiting from last years team wasn’t on scholarship? Then we add Maae, Buchanan, and probably Kennedy. And then a few guys will not be back of their own volition, because they’ve chosen to move on either because they didn’t play, injury or maybe they just a ready for the next phase of life.
    I’m sure they would give a ischolarship to the mysterious left tackle, he who can’t be named, if they hadn’t already. Maybe Shamburger was a walk on, but I doubt it. They have to have a half dozen or so scholarships available.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I’m sure they would give a scholarship to the mysterious left tackle, he who can’t be named, if they hadn’t already.Riveraggie

What is this "mysterious left tackle" thing about?
  • Riveraggie
    Number 70, who started every game at left tackle but was never listed as participating.
    A transfer from Nebraska, Eli Simonson.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I noticed that there are two players we have listed that are not included on the Official Signing Day page on the Athletics website:

1. The highly regarded, dual threat QB Damon Wrightster from Inglewood. I sure hope we haven't lost him.
    2. Jace Rodrigues OL transfer from Stony Brook - maybe he can't be listed because he's a transfer..??
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ok. I'm sure he's on scholarship.
  • Riveraggie
    Yeah, but was he in 2023? He walked on at Nebraska, never played so likely wasn’t on scholarship there. Might have transferred here for a chance to play and earn a scholarship.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I just checked out the signing page for Sac State. They're showing 15 signees and you can click on each player and it opens a full page with extensive information about the player including height, weight, personal bio, stats from high school or their previous college, and star ratings from various recruiting sites. There is a photo as well for many of the players too. I wonder why we don't get that kind of information on our official Signing Day page?
  • CA Forever
    I updated the list with the players that they put out individual tweets for and it doesn't line up with the players released on the athletics site. The only consistent missing player is Wrighster which would be a big disappointment if he didn't sign. They initially released the info saying 11 players signed and then updated it later.
  • agalum
    At one of the team aggie events, i remember Coach Hawkins saying that they’re innovative on how they distribute scholarships. Apparently they issue partials to some players to stretch the budget as much as possible.
  • Riveraggie
    The changed the story on the UCDavis.com site from 11 signees to multiple. Which means 10 i think
  • Riveraggie
    That is a FCS rule, not a Davis innovation.
  • Riveraggie
    UCDavis.com is really a poorly managed site, You can’t even navigate to the signing day roster from the home page, they just show their press release, that they stealth edit.
  • Riveraggie
    He had been recruited by the QB coach, who he said he had a good relationship with. . Kid had a lot of offers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!