• movielover
    What year was it when that punt returner man from Sac State was hamming it up, dancing, primping before the kick... then fumbled the ball!!?? ...

If I recall, our stat line was horrible, but we won.
  • agalum
    The dancing queen beat us in 2014, danced in 2013 in front of the west bleachers
  • movielover
    Article in today's Davis Enterprise says we are in a very good place. Still in the hunt, players focused.
  • Zander
    That was 2012 I'm pretty sure, the year we scored something like 7 on offense and 25 on special teams, including a defensive 2pt conversion.

I remember taking my girlfriend at the time to the game (pretty much her first game ever) and having to explain how it doesn't usually play out like this.
  • movielover
    WTF??? Am I reading this correct???

"From today's #BigSkyFB coaches' teleconference: Southern Utah head coach Demario Warren said RB James Felila is likely out of the season."

Felilia is their no. 1 back, 700 yards rushing, 100 receiving, and 8 TDs.
  • CA Forever
    I haven't listened to the conference to know if Felila is out, but regardless they have a capable back up in Jay Green. Only has half as many carries as Felila, but is averaging 5 yards per carry and has 8 TDs as well. We're also going to have to contain their QB Patrick Tyler who can use his legs.
  • agalum
    Yes, Tyler is the real deal. Glad to have this one at home.
  • CA Forever
    As far as passers go, I think that Maier is the superior QB in this battle. What makes Tyler dangerous is the threat that he is just going to take off with the ball. SUU thrives on a RB rotation, if Felila truly is out of this game hopefully we can tire out their backs more quickly.
  • movielover
    Caught part of the Wed Night show ... Ken O'Brien, Doss and Maier featured. Excellent. Can be viewed on Facebook. Marsh refferred to Maier being 5'10"... he handled it diplomatically.

6th best university still has audio problems.
  • CA Forever
    Clearly he is too short to be a good QB.
  • movielover
    Program says 6'0"... Maier much taller than Doug Flutie.
  • 69aggie
    More on Texas Aggies (I know, who cares? But I still cant believe this stuff!) Texas A&M will build a $100 million dollar hotel next to their stadium where fans can stay game day. The New wrinkle: to get a room fans must pay $100,000 for a license for life. Looks like the fans are lined up to buy. Yep, any money left over helps to fund Aggie football. WSJ 11/8/17. Well. . . We could build a really small one!
  • movielover
    Starting RB is out. (tape) Also out is 6'4" 300# DL Robert Torgeson.
  • CA Forever
    I never wish injury on any player no matter what. That being said, their loss is our gain. I want 2 wins to close out the season and at least have the possibility of a post season.
  • SochorField
    I want 2 wins to close out the season and at least have the possibility of a post season.CA Forever

11/18 @ Sac State might be the biggest game for either program in a looooong time with both teams going for win #7 and a shot at the playoffs.

Major first step for us though....gotta beat SUU!
  • CA Forever
    Oh yeah absolutely. Hopefully Hawk has the guys laser focused. For the first time in a long time these last 2 games actually matter!
  • aggie6thman
    Tennessee had announced a $100 million three phase upgrade to Neyland that would be done by the 2021 season but recently announced it would be raised to $300 million in two phases.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    And they'll still have low 8-figures to fire Butch Jones and his staff.
  • aggie6thman
    Yep. All to pursue Vol Nation's dream candidate...Jon Gruden.
  • AggieFinn

Ain't he busy on that Corona hotline?
  • movielover
    Lots of articles out on tomorrows game.

SB Nation: Underdog Dynasty
    FCS Game of the Week preview: No. 19 Southern Utah at UC Davis

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017/11/10/16634176/fcs-game-of-the-week-preview-no-19-southern-utah-at-uc-davis

Both offenses strong, both defenses below average.

Prediction SUU 41, UCD 38
  • AggieFinn
    To Be The Best, You Gotta Beat The Best

ric-flair-woooo-noscale.jpg

Woo!
  • CA Forever
    Big game today! Lets go Aggies!
  • AggieFinn
    Saturday morning pump up.

After meeting Urijah Faber at the last home game...I was inspired to reconnect with Derek Moore's incredible 2007 NCAA National Championship performance:

Moore beat favored Northwestern Wildcat Ryan Lang by a score of 17-2 in the final for a technical fall and was named Most Outstanding Wrestler for the tournament. It was one of the all-time NCAA wrestling performances. He made Lang's little brother cry.

• NCagalum

I believe it. Took a tour about 1.5 years ago with group of dept. heads of their (A&M) new stadium. Saw the yell bus go by (takes students to yell practice). Whole different priority there.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wish we still had our wrestling program.
  • movielover
    Former Aggie DT and All American wrestler Tim Lajcik. 2 minutes of highlights.

https://youtu.be/xW7WPqPqyCI

Will today be our first "quality" win?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Lots of comments from former Aggie and SUU head coach, Demario Warren, in today's Enterprise. Also, Ken O'Brien and the 1882 team will be honored. Great day for Aggie football!

Excerpt: Notes: "There will be tons going on off the field Saturday. First, the 14-member Aggie senior class — Darryl Graham, Bua, Grant Hilton, Justin Williams, Julian Bertero, Andrew Carriger, Keleen Culberson, Derek Baljeu, Brock Dale, Erik Holmer, Desmond Lewis, Kyle Sulka, Ryan Green and Brandon Weaver — will be honored. Then former Aggie QB Ken O’Brien and the 1982 Davis team that made an appearance in the Division II national championship game will be feted. O’Brien, who later had a brilliant career with the New York Jets, is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. He will be honored as the first player commemorated on the new Pride Wall at Aggie Stadium. …Trivia Time (and if you’re a UCD fan and miss this one, go to the back of the class): Q. Who was O’Brien’s fullback in ’82? A. None other than current Davis head coach Dan Hawkins."

http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/davis-defense-goes-hunting-for-sudden-satisfaction/
  • Kerberos
    I've got 3 tickets in Section 110 available. Send me a direct message if you want them!
  • movielover
    Ten percent chance of rain?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!