• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies play their final road game of the regular season at Northridge tonight at 7 pm. This is another important game for the Aggies who are fighting to get one of the top 4 seeds for the Big West Tournament. Tonight's game will be carried live on ESPN3.

Remarkably, the Ags have beaten the Matadors in the last 11 games between these two schools. In all likelihood the Aggies will have to try for #12 without TJ Shorts II. TJ made the trip with the team and was on the bench in street clothes in the loss to Fullerton last Thursday night. He was walking with a pronounced limp though so I don't expect we'll see him tonight.

Siler Schneider kept the Aggies close against Fullerton but he didn't get much help offensively from anyone else. Joe Mooney and Stefan Gonzalez have been hot lately but couldn't find the range against the Titans. The offense will need to play better tonight against the Matadors in their own house to get a split on this road trip.

Defense will decide this game and I expect it to be a close one.

Live TV from ESPN3 at 7 pm: http://www.espn.com/watch/search/northridge

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags take a 36-34 lead into the break. Playing good defense but Lamine Diane is practically unstoppable within 10 feet and has 19 points and 6 rebounds already.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sidenote: I do not like the look of CSUN's court. :meh:
  • Russ Bowlus
    I do, however, like the "lemon logo" warm-ups that the men have. :up:
  • BlueGoldAg
    50-44 CSUN with 10:51 to go. Ags playing sloppy basketball, already have 7 fouls and are missing point blank shots. Can't win that way.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ugh, Siler breaking a dude's ankles and then missing a 6-footer in the lane.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Goode standing in there against Artest III. Nice!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Guys keep driving and getting stuck under the basket. I don't think that's how the offense is supposed to work.
  • Russ Bowlus
    64-64 with 17.6 on the clock, CSUN ball.
  • Russ Bowlus
    CSUN three-pointer rattles out. Overtime!
  • Toke69
    For what it's worth, Hawaii lost to Cal Poly and lost their starting point guard, Drew Buggs, too. It's the equivalent of the Ags losing TJ. Whereas Buggs is less all-everything, the rest of the team is less likely to pick up for his loss. If UC Davis can pull this one out tonight, they will have a better shot at the 3 seed.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags lose 81-76 in OT. Stephan Gonzalez kept the Ags in the game with 23 but 15 TO's that led to 24 CSUN points killed us along with giving up 13 offensive boards that led to the Matadors getting 18 second chance points. Not a good game for the Ags.

In other BW games:

Cal Poly 88 Hawai'i 80
    Santa Barbara 82 Fullerton 67
    Long Beach 71 Riverside 67
  • Toke69
    Any news about TJ? No excuses for the losses, but I can't help but think that those would both have been Ws with him healthy.
  • Zander
    I think it's fair to make some excuses because of how extenuating the circumstances are. We arguably lost the best player in the conference at a critical stretch of games two seasons in a row. It's astounding bad luck.
  • BlueGoldAg
    No official word other than "day to day" and that's anyone's guess as to what that really means. We really missed him last night.

Siler Schneider has been forced into the PG position and that's not a natural role for him. He's more of a shooting guard. Damion Squire is seeing more time at the point also but he's young and doesn't put up points like TJ. We missed a lot of driving into the lane shots last night that TJ normally makes and Matt Neufeld was short on nearly all of his hook shots which he has been making lately.

Lamine Diane's athleticism really hurt hurt us. He's 6-7, long and athletic and had 11 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals to go along with 35 points. He could have easily had 40+ if he could shoot FT's. He was only 9-18 from the line and some of those were the front in of one-and-ones.

The biggest play of the game was in OT when Diane swiped the ball away from Garrison Goode and took off on a breakaway. Joe Mooney made a mistake and fouled him from behind without really making a play on the ball and got called for a flagrant 1. Diane made both FT's and CSUN got to inbound the ball under their basket and they scored again. That essentially put the game away for the Matadors.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!