• BlueGoldAg
    Big West play begins Wednesday at 7 pm when former UCD coach, Bob Williams, brings UCSB to the Pavilion. The Gauchos are off to an uncharacteristic poor start having won only 2 games while losing 10. To be fair though, their schedule has been pretty tough and they seem to have the Aggies number more often than not. SB has won the last 4 meetings and lead the all time series 28-7.

The Aggies appear to be gelling at the right time and are coming off two nice wins over Seattle and Utah Valley. They have been playing solid defense and have been shooting a good percentage with good ball movement. JT has been looking more like his old self lately and Garrison Goode looks to be fully recovered from his foot injury.

The Big West is never easy and this year will be no different with UCI, LB State and CSUN expected to vie for the title. The Ags feel like they belong in the conversation as well and a win over UCSB would be a nice way to start getting some attention. When this team is playing well they have the ability to play with anyone in the conference.

To be in the running for the title the Aggies will need to win at home and beat the teams they should beat on the road. If we can do that we can be in contention at crunch time. It all starts tomorrow and it should be a fun game for Aggie fans. I hope we get a good crowd and that the Aggie Pack makes their presence known by being loud and supportive.

If you can't make it out to the Pavilion, you can watch it here: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • aggie6thman
    I saw that we are currently the only team in the CONFERENCE with a winning record. Yikes!

With that being said, it all goes out the window tomorrow night when conference play starts.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not only are the men the only team with a winning record, the women also sit atop the standings (LBSU is the only other team with a plus .500 record). I know it doesn't mean anything in regards to the BW season, but it's nice to see.
  • SochorField
    Yep! Gauchos have 1 DI win: vs. CSU Bakersfield (who is 9-6 currently).
    The rest of the season is a toss-up.
    UCSB S.O.S. is #23 to our #304. Out of 351 teams! With our schedule we should be freaking 13-2 at least if we really want to talk about 1st place.
  • aggie6thman
    LIVE: Watch the team warm up right now! https://youtu.be/diyWiYqoMls
  • quadshock
    you can look around! It's a 360 degree video. In youtube just drag around. If you're on mobile, go to full screen and you can move the phone around as though you're there.
  • quadshock
    sounds like he was under the weather
  • Oldbanduhalum
    ok. Just worried it was something worse
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Well that was about as good a first half as the Ags could possibly play.
  • zythe
    That Schneider kid is good.
  • zythe
    Gaucho blowout!
  • 72Aggie
    What happened to the troll from UCSB? I think he called himself.

[Edit: My bad, I forgot to add his name....It may be the name, I cannot imagine why anyone would knowingly hang that on himself. Thanks for the save, Zythe.]
  • zythe

Chief stinky finger hasn't reared his ugly head here, yet...
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think UCSB had a couple of players out but I didn't expect a 73-47 blowout. The Aggie defense in the first half was the best half of defense I think I've ever seen an Aggie team play. It was just outstanding and it took the Gauchos out of the game early. Add in good ball movement, good rebounding, good shooting, good production from the bench and unselfish play and it adds up to a blowout. The Ags were clicking on all cylinders.

JT was no where to be seen so I'm assuming he was under the weather. Hopefully, he be good to go on Saturday against Poly. Siler Schneider had his best all around game of the season and Arell Hennings is playing better with each game. Chima Moneke got his 3rd double double in a row and 6th for the season.

Sparse crowd with the students still gone. Hope we get a better turnout for the double header on Saturday.

Great effort by the Aggies tonight!
  • aggie6thman
    Moneke is on fire. Great motor.
  • SochorField
    1-0 in Big West play. Any Conference win is a BIG win!
  • SochorField
    Are the students going to be in town for the Cal Poly game this Saturday????
  • Oldbanduhalum
    classes start next Monday so I'm guessing there won't be a ton of students
  • eastbayaggie
    I don't think I've ever seen this much optimism in the Divsion I era for the three major sports in men's basketball, women's basketball, and football collectively at any point in time than the present.

Can I take it that Rogers Printup, Peter Hewitt, and AJ John are redshirting?
  • BlueGoldAg
    That seems to be the case. I think Rogers Printup is a medical redshirt.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He extremely athletic and plays bigger than 6'6. He has a nose for the ball and great hands when rebounding too. If he continues at this high level of play he will definitely be in the running for POY in the Big West.
  • aggie6thman
    Similar size and style of play to Thomas Juillerat.
  • movielover
    Are we that good, or are they that bad?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    and Johns transferred so he has to sit out this season
  • PortlandAggie
    Wow! Gotta wonder what other conference teams are thinking right about now
  • zythe

I honestly think they are that bad.

I hope I am wrong though. Our lack of size worries me a bit.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Maybe the double header and positive press coverage in the Enterprise will draw in some town folks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!