• BlueGoldAg
    The Lady Ags are one of the best teams in the Big West Conference and their drive for the title begins tomorrow night at 7pm at UC Irvine. The Anteaters are off to another miserable start at 2-12 and one would expect the Aggies to win this one comfortably, but, it seems like more often than not, these are the kind of games that can come back to bite you hard. So the Ags need to be ready.

The Ags need to go to Irvine with a determined mindset to improve in the areas of the game that are problematic for them. To do that they need to rebound better, especially on the defensive boards, and cut down on TO's by taking better care of the ball.

This team has the potential to be one of the best D1 teams we have ever had at UCD. They've played some very good basketball in the pre-season and they have stumbled a couple of times also. Now is the time to put it all together and go after the Big West title with dogged determination and crisp execution. If they do that they should be right at the top come the Big West Tournament with a good chance of going to the Big Dance in the post-season.

This train is rolling. Now go out and get'er done!

Live stream: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • 69aggie
    B, I totally agree. But the fact is the Lady Ags are a bad rebounding team and you simp[ly cannot win a lot in the BW w/o rebounding skills. It seems that skill is 50% ability 50% mental toughness. I think we lack the latter. My idea: have Coach Speckman speak to the team. See if that won't motivate them!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags take a 24-15 lead after one quarter.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies race out to a 46-25 lead at the half. The Ags are pushing the ball up court and running every chance they get and are doing a much better job on the boards +12. Dani Nafehk leads the Ags with 11 and Morgan Bertsch has 11.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags continue to play solid basketball and extend the lead to 31 points and are up 66-35 after 3 quarters.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Unlike the men last night, this outcome was a little more predictable. Looking forward to the DH on Saturday.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies flex their muscles and absolutely destroy UCI 89-48. They wanted to do a better job rebounding and cutting down their TO's and did they ever make improvements in those areas. They out rebounded the Eaters 52-29 and had only 9 TO's for the game. The scoring was shared by Rachel Nagel with 17, Dani Nafehk with 15, Morgan Bertsch with 15, Marly Anderson had 11, and Nina Bessolo had 10. All 11 Aggies got playing time.

Two other impressive stats were that the Ags had 27 assists for the game and 37 points from their bench. The ball movement was exceptional. This team is deep and talented and, when they are firing on all cylinders, they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the conference.

The competition takes a big step up when the Ags entertain the Rainbow Wahine of Hawaii on Saturday in the first game of the double header at 2:30 pm.

Get out to the Pavilion and support this team. They're the real deal.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It should be a fun day of basketball for Aggie fans. My wife and I will be there. Hopefully, a lot of other fans will show up as well.
  • aggie6thman
    Back-to-back blowout wins. Great way for the men's and women's teams to start conference play.
  • Russ Bowlus
    *psst* Can we get this moved into the basketball forum? ;)
  • PortlandAggie
    Moved - thx for the heads up!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!