• 72Aggie
    With money and Title IX issues I don't expect the Ags to field a men's volleyball team in my lifetime, but it's worth noting that the NCAA Men's Volleyball Championship is an all-Big West affair this year as Hawai'i meets defending champion Long Beach State.

https://bigwest.org/news/2019/5/4/long-beach-state-hawai-i-ready-for-ncaa-mens-volleyball-title-match.aspx
  • 69aggie
    72 I fully agree. MVB would have a huge roster. Interesting that Hawaii chooses MVB over track and field and soccer on the men’s side. Hawaii has 21 ICA teams (12 woman and 7 men) 2 co-ed teams- sailing and cheerleading?? We field 9 men’s and 16 woman for 25 teams total. So roughly equal, except Hawaii has to support a DIA football team. Noted on Hawaii Athletics website that they have a ton of big name corporate sponsors on the scale of a Pac12 school. We pale in comparison. I haven’t seen any new sponsors for us in a very long time.
  • 72Aggie
    Long Beach defeated Hawai'i, 3-1 (25-23, 25-22, 25-22, 25-23), to repeat as NCAA champion.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!