• Toke69
    I'm happy to join this sports talk site as an alum from way back in '69. I want to a lot of games in the old gym and got to see Coach Hamilton employ his unique style in the old Far Western Conference. I'm now in Hawaii and will be going to the game against Hawaii this Saturday. I'll post my thoughts on the game by Sunday.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to our forum, Toke69! It's great to have someone like you on our forum who was able to witness Aggie athletics from way back. I began watching Aggie basketball in the fall of 1972 in Hickey Gym. Ham was one of the most colorful basketball coaches the game ever saw and he loved the Aggies through and through. Those games were special especially when Ham really got fired up and tossed his towel into the stands and even, at times, went into the stands and sat with the fans while chewing on his towel.

I'm a big fan of Aggie basketball and the memories of Ham and his Aggie teams playing in Hickey Gym are special to me. We've come a long way since those days but Ham and his players laid the foundation for the players and coaches that followed them.

Glad to have you aboard and I look forward to your thoughts about the game with Hawai'i.
  • 69aggie
    Wow toke69! You were in my class! Great to have you. I have family on the islands too.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!