• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies are coming off their best all-around performance of the season in their win over Northern Illinois. San Diego will be a tough challenge but the Ags have shown that they are improving rapidly and are currently playing with a lot of confidence. San Diego routed the Aggies in the Pavilion last year 76-57 and leads the all-time series 6-1. A win on the road tonight would be huge for the Aggies.

Live stream from the West Coast Conference tv and the radio PxP call by Scott Marsh on KHTK 1140 AM at 7 pm.

Go Ags!
  • Toke69
    San Diego joins the Big West next year, right?
  • DrMike
    that UCSD and I don’t think that officially starts until something like 2024 (transitioning up to D1).

USD is in the wcac

Good test tonight. These guys are 1-2 v BWC teams, so good barometer. Tough coming out of finals week with a tough road games. Could use a Holy Names warmup
  • BlueGoldAg
    No, UC San Diego joins the Big West next year along with Cal State Bakersfield. The University of San Diego, whom the Aggies play tonight, is a member of the West Coast Conference. Then there's San Diego State also and they are in the Mountain West Conference. It gets kind of confusing...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good grief...the Ags start off shooting 1-16 for 6%! Unbelievable...
  • DrMike
    and yet we’re up 25-21 at the half! Manjon is 0-10, must still be reeling from his first finals
  • BlueGoldAg
    Outstanding defense by both teams. I like the fact that, even though we started off 2-21, we kept playing tough defense. Les likes to say that offense is fickle but defense travels...got that right tonight...
  • DrMike
    We only have 2 turnovers which helps. Besides Manjon we’re 10-23, and starting to get a little warmer
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepper is showing why he starts...6 boards and 2 steals...
  • DrMike
    when a team is struggling, those are huge!
  • Toke69
    Thanks, BlueGoldAg. I should have known that.
  • DrMike
    USD on 12-2 run; 53-43 with about 2:30 to go. Slipping away
  • Toke69
    Are these games on streaming video anywhere?
  • DrMike
    58-54 loss; bummer
  • Toke69
    Just looking a the box score and seeing how poorly the Aggies shot, it's amazing that the game was that close.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Defense kept the Ags in the game in the first half while the offense was ice cold. At one point we were 2-21. Then we took a 6 point lead in the second half but our defense began breaking down and the offense remained ice cold. Manjon had a game he'd rather forget...1-16 shooting and Mooney, who's been hot lately, was only 1-8 from 3 and most of those misses were off line and not even close. I've said it before, great defense can keep you in the game but when you shoot 31% you are not going to beat many teams at the D1 level.

We've seen a lot of these type of games in the last few couple of years where we just can not score with any kind of consistency. I was getting my hopes up after the win over NIU and our efforts against Cal and Utah but the offense went missing again and we added another game to the L column.

Les skipped the normal radio, post-game interview...probably wasn't fun to be in the locker room with him after this loss...
  • DrMike
    Take away Majon’s 1-17 and we’re shooting around 40%. Not great but not bad. Our 3 shooting was bad, and we turned the hall over more in the second half when USD pulled away. I like that Manjon kept shooting; didn’t sound like he was taking bad shots, just not getting rolls. I feared a bad shooting night after the layoff and finals. Too bad. That one was there for the taking
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!