• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies are coming off 2 wins and now hit the road to the central coast for games at Santa Barbara tonight and Cal Poly on Saturday. Apparently Nina Bessolo is out for the season and there has been no word about when Sofia Song will return. The Gauchos are an improved team from last year and this will be a tough game for the Aggies on the road.

Live stream from Big West TV and the Greg Wong will have the radio PxP call on KDVS 90.3 FM at 7 pm tonight.

Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I was just looking at our record and, yikes, 1-7 on the road. Certainly a split this week would be nice, but a sweep would start to build confidence that we can win away from the Pavilion. Go Ags!
  • 69aggie
    I think we have been very lucky over the past few seasons in avoiding injuries; certainly season ending injuries have been zero. But they are a fact of life and the rule of averages may now be coming to haunt us. Also, we have been on a very long winning run with the twins and Morgan and that cannot go on forever. So I view this as a rebuilding year. But i love to see the gals win every time and I’ll be rooting for them tonight.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I think I see song warming up so perhaps she is back
  • Zander
    UCD leading at the half 26-21. Quickest half of basketball I ever remember at the college level
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Fairly clean game. Song is back and looks a bit rusty but she adds another good defender. Ags did really well on the offensive boards.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags rolling right now. Up 37-23 with 5 mins left in the 3rd. Good defense has led to some easy offense
  • eastbayaggie
    I haven't paid too much attention to this team, but what are they projected to finish this season? And do you think they'll exceed it, match it, or not make those expectations?
  • Zander
    Media picked them first in conference, coaches second.

I think top half of conference is likely and top 3 is on the table. Based on nonconference this wasn't a conference-winning team, though they have improved and are getting over injuries.

Should be noted that there are some really impressive recruits and transfers redshirting this year, especially at the post. Ags could have a height advantage over the BWC for some years after this season.
  • Russ Bowlus
    42-28 after three.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    6’6 6’5” and 6’3” redshirting. 6’2” 6’1” and 5’10” coming in next year. Going to be quite a different looking Aggie squad next year
  • eastbayaggie
    Thanks Zander!

They sure look impressive in the rebounding category!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies win by ten after a too exciting fourth quarter.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Funny that this year the men are shooting FTs well and the women seem to be struggling. Only 33% tonight. Still, good defense and great rebounding.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice win with excellent rebounding. Nice to see Sophia Song back on the floor too.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Sophia can guard multiple positions, is steady and mature, and can hit a deep ball. Good to have her back.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I think we know what the team will be doing after their walk-through on Friday...."Nobody gets on the bus until they've made 50 free throws!" :joke:

33% is very uncharacteristic.
  • abridge
    I haven't seen CSUN in action. They have an excellent coach who knows how to motivate and teach. I'm thinking the Ags will have to beat them twice to win conference.

I think the conference champ will have three losses. For the Ags getting a bye will be a Big Deal this year. The tournament in Anaheim will be fascinating this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!