• movielover
    Coach Gould focused on speed, but he passed up some ballers who we would normally pursue.
  • Riveraggie

I don’t get too interested when little guys are fast but it’s pretty significant if a guy has some size and is also fast .Example: Herschel Walker 10.23 seconds 100 meters. The guy hitting him often got the worst of it.
  • MTBAggie
    Those things are really common in the cycling world. I think different companies have different spins on what they provide, but they are all about recovery.
    https://hyperice.com/normatec-leg-pulse-2-0-recovery-system
  • 69aggie
    Maybe a bit off topic, but not much. For whatever reason, the NYT has been running an ongoing stream of articles on UC Berkeley’s athletic program thru the pandemic. Yesterday the article concluded that Berkeley got thru the pandemic fairly well (did not have to eliminate any sports), it now has to go back to the systemic issues it has been facing for years: chronic deficits and structural debt. That debt is now $438M which is 36% more debt than the next worse school. That debt has to paid off like any other debt does and that payment is an anchor chain around the neck of the entire program. Under Armour now wants out of its apparel contract of $86M. Cal has to “borrow” another $10M of institutional money to finance next season. So let us compare ourselves with Cal. Cal’s sports budget is $97M. Ours: $39M. Number of sports: Cal: 27 Us: 25. GSR: Us: 97 (best in the BWC). Cal: 87. So very close there. We only lack: men’s gym, and woman’s crew. I think the NYT point for this article is that Cal is the “Canary in the Coal Mine” for quality Big Time college sports. Dying in the cage but not yet dead. I think we come out of all this much better than our friends at Cal. I am very proud of us. I wish Cal well. (wife a Cal girl). But she is SoCal and a Dodger fan to this day. And I cannot stand for that. Families are very hard these days. . . .
  • movielover
    $448 Million in debt, thank you Sandy Barbour and Teresa Gould.

How much of the construction cost was raised before they broke ground? What was the ICA debt before the new facilities?

What is our department debt?
  • 69aggie
    Good questions Movie. I dont know. My uniformed opinion: the stadium rebuild just killed them. Season tickets so expensive now even my most faithful Bear fan buddies will not be attending anytime soon. So Sad..
  • movielover
    Very tough. If your a big bucks alum, do you really want to give $5M or $10M to retire debt on an out of control project? It takes 10-20 of them to make a sizable dent. Then there are ongoing yearly deficits and a bad basketball team.
  • 69aggie
    And their woman’s BB team loses $2.5+/-M a year and they are really bad. Not a good time to be a bear fan.
  • Riveraggie
    Christian Calhoun ran track this year, competing in the 100. He ran a wind assisted 10.91. He is a safety on the roster. Darien Langley also a DB on the spring roster is a speedster.
    The guys in this class didn’t get on the field, but I think that’s due to the COVID extra year seniors. The recruits from this class are all on the spring roster.
  • NCagalum
    assuming meters, slow for yards. Like NASA mistakes, units count :-).
  • Riveraggie
    Quite fast for football, not so fast for track, He was fifth in the dual meet.
    Hershel Walker 10.23, OJ Simpson 10.3 100 meters. Bob Hayes was an Olympic gold medalist and world record holder and made it into the NFL hall of fame ran 10.06 in the Olympic final. Now record is 9.58 and it’s been that since 2009.
    At this level if a guy runs under 11 seconds and has some size it’s good.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!