• G-Man
    Bertsch, a third-round pick by Dallas in last year’s draft, has been playing for Spartak Vidnoe in the Russia PBL, averaging 13.8 points and 5.6 rebounds. The UC Davis product has logged seventeen double-digit scoring games and three double-doubles in her debut overseas season.

“Morgan had a very good training camp last year,” Bibb stated. “I think a season of professional basketball in Russia, where she has played very well, will prove to be a big help for as she returns for her second WNBA camp. I expect a very strong showing from her and I’m eager to see how her game has developed since last year.”

“We are excited about having Morgan back in camp,” Agler said. “She was impressive last year and has been very productive this season playing professionally in Russia.”
  • 69aggie
    My home town girl (Santa Rosa HS) best Aggie ever. Maybe she can come to Davis and teach the fake left-right back spin to basket to our new bigs. It is an impossible shot to defend. It apparently worked in Russia. Maybe our government should look into this as a defensive ploy?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good for Morgan. Those were some great years of Aggie basketball when she played for us.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Catching up: cut by the Wings again, before camp, and then signed with a team in Poland. Now she just has to get back out of the US so that she can go play.
  • 69aggie
    WNBA eliminated preseason camp and cut all squads to 11 or 12 players as of May 26. So Morgan had no opportunity to compete for a spot on the Wings roster. Ditto for many if not most drafted 2010 players. Very unfair to those players. They were not paid either. Gotta give Morgan a lot of credit. She has changed positions (5 to a 4 which are very different positions to play. Drafted by Wings, Gone to Russia. Now to Poland. She has grit that is for sure.
  • BlueGoldAg
    She'll be playing in the same town in Poland as former Aggie, Brynton Lemar, who plays in Lublin for the men's pro team.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Yeah, I saw that in today's Enterprise. Fun coinkidink!
  • Russ Bowlus

Katie Toole headed to Spain.
  • DrMike
    Cool! Thanks for sharing
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good for Katie.

Grenada is one of my favorite cities in the world and the Alhambra is stunning beyond imagination. My wife and I spent a week there and now talk about possibly going back and staying for several months. Put it on your bucket list if you never been there.
  • Russ Bowlus

Nina Bessolo signs with a Greek team.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Sophia Song headed to England for grad school and pro ball:

• Oldbanduhalum
    That's great for Sophia. I always thought there was a little more to her game than what we saw. Hopefully she can make a go of it in England. Nice video.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!