• Gunrock47
    CMT— take this to another thread if you want to. we’re here to talk Aggie football and the SJSU game here.
  • cmt

Why are you singling me out for this as if I'm the only one talking political stuff in this thread? I wasn't even the one who brought politics up here.
  • 69aggie
    You are not alone cmt. Other posters simply slide in a comment or two about politics (usually a pro-Trumper comment) and think we do not get the (political) implication. It’s ridiculous to even suggest that the CV19 virus and related political issues are not relevant in the sports world and in these discussions. If the president or his supporters can’t stand the heat it their problem not ours.
  • AggieFinn
    Enough, talk football or take it to the OT Board.
  • movielover
    It appears the Spartans had their Spring workouts cut short. They're now back on campus working out. Their game w Penn State ($1.5 M loss) was canceled.

Nick Starkel, 6'3" colorful grad transfer from Arkansas, is the top candidate for being the new starting QB. Justin Bieber fan. 1,152 yards and 98 of 179 passing on the year, but 5 picks vs San Jose in a disastrous Hog loss. Reportedly has a big arm & NFL dreams.

Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson: “If there’s no college football this fall, there’s very little likelihood there will be any other sports, because 85 percent of the revenue derived in college athletics comes from the sport of football,” said Thompson in an April 20 interview with Mountain West Network host Jesse Kurtz. An athletic director in the MW made a similar prediction. Estimating a loss of $10.5 million without a football season, Wyoming athletic director Tom Burman told the Casper Star-Tribune in an interview published Saturday: “Nobody wants to cancel football, so they’re going to wait as long as they possibly can to not cancel football.”

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/Article/Brent-Brennan-San-Jose-State-Spartans-football-team-has-returned-to-campus-149322307/
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!