• BlueGoldAg
    UC Davis Give Day is underway and there are only 6 hours left to give and, as would be expected during this current pandemic, donations are slow. There's still time to donate and help out the football program and help unlock a much larger donation while doing so. You can donate as little as $5 and help the programs get a much bigger donation. Your donation no matter how big or small will help immensely. Please think about helping out.

Currently, the Football Program has received $3,510 from 28 donors. You can give as little as $5 which will also help unlock a couple of large donations to the program as well. Ron Van De Pol will donate $7,500 if we can get a total of 50 donors to contribute to the Aggie Pride Football Challenge. Your donation will also go towards unlocking $2,500 from Rudy Kadlub if we can get a total of 35 donors. So, not matter how big or small your donation is, it can help the program get up to $10,000 more.

Your donations will also add up towards any annual Team Aggie benefits that you qualify for also.

You can contribute here: https://giveday.ucdavis.edu/giving-day/22099/set/1757

Thanks and Go Ags!
  • agalum

Thanks for the reminder, on board.
  • DrMike
    I suspect the numbers will be significantly down ; lots of distractions. Of course, football numbers have never been that great in the past. Besides football there are emergency funds for students and student-athletes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great, they can use all the help they can get. :up:
  • BlueGoldAg
    We donated to those emergency funds also. We split our annual Team Aggie donations between the Emergency Fund for Student Athletes that are experiencing hardships from the Covid-19 pandemic, Men's and Women's Basketball and the Aggie Pride Football Challenges.

We have also been donating to various other organizations that we enjoy who have been hammered by the shutdown such as the Crocker Art Museum, the Ashland Shakespeare Festival and the Sacramento B Street Theater. We are also contributing to the Sacramento Foodbank. Lots of organizations and people are hurting desperately. We're spending a lot less since we are not going out at all so we figure we can afford to help out as best we can. I hope others will do the same.
  • DrMike
    that’s a good way to do it; wish I would have thought of that!

I suspect the Challanges are fulfilled even if the required donor number isn’t met.
  • DrMike
    By the way, there is a picnic weekend sale at the online bookstore. 30% off, free shipping on order over $75. I picked up a couple things with the new logo. There’s some steals on shirts with limited sizes (under $10)
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you're right about all the challenges getting fully funded. It looks like Aggie Athletics raised $205,018 from 819 gifts and the university as a whole raised $2,524,639 from 3,375 gifts. I think that's actually pretty good given all current shutdown and so many people and businesses being hurt by the pandemic.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!