• BlueGoldAg
    (CNN)Colorado State University has paused all football-related activities indefinitely, the school's director of athletics said, after learning of racism and verbal abuse allegations from within the Rams' athletic administration and in the football program.

This comes after Colorado State had announced earlier in the week that it had launched an investigation into its athletic department following a report alleging players had been told not to report Covid-19 symptoms or they would see reduced playing time.

"Today, we learned of some extremely troubling allegations of racism and verbal abuse from CSU's athletic administration generally and in the football program specifically," athletics director Joe Parker said in a statement Friday.

Read more here: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/us/colorado-state-halts-football-allegations-racism-verbal-abuse-spt-trnd/index.html
  • 72Aggie
    Sad to see this happening in 2020. I am by birth and family heritage an Iowa Hawkeye fan. They have been rocked by accusations of racism by team and athletic department people. Strength coach has "retired." I thought the head coach was a stand-up guy, but among those accused of racist behavior is his son, who is an assistant. You would think that athletics (and the arts) would be more appreciative of diversity. But I'm an old white guy, what do I know? (As my kids remind me...)
  • AggieFinn
    Let the evidence present itself...

Quarterback Todd Centeio tweeted, "Coming from a player with a compromised immune system. I never once felt like @CSUFootball ever put me in jeopardy. I have felt very comfortable and safe while going through both voluntary and mandatory workouts. The allegations are not true."

Defensive lineman Toby McBride wrote in a Twitter post, "Lots of misinformation. All coaches wear masks at all times. We fill out a symptom questionnaire daily before we are allowed into the facility. They even provided us w/ masks and wash them daily. The athletes/staffers that complained are the same ones not following protocol."

And defensive lineman Scott Patchan tweeted, "Name the sources. Cause when I was sick I was urged to call the trainer right away lol. And we have a team meeting every morning stressing the importance of doing the right things. So I'm calling bs."

The Coloradoan report cited statements from multiple anonymous sources in the department. One current Rams football player told the paper, "I believe there is a cover-up going on at CSU ... It's not about the health and safety of the players but about just trying to make money off the players.''
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!