• Gunrock47
    Big donation drive going on this week for the athletic dept. Am a donor myself, but have been surprised to see so many teams getting donations from their own players. Seems a little wrong to have them paying in twice, especially on the teams I know do not have scholarships, or at least as many as football.
  • Goags20172
    That's pretty common for baseball on Give Day. Lots of small donations from current players. I don't think it's unreasonable for them to donate $10- 20. That's giving up a couple meals out-no big deal.
  • DrMike
    I think there is some incentive to get a large number of donors, as well as the amount. That’s why you see many small donations to pump up the number. Always bothers me that football doesn’t have far and away the largest number
  • Zander
    I wonder if for this kind of thing, some of the revenue sports' donors feel like it's double dipping to invest in a drive like this because they're already doing things like the Team Aggie donations for season ticket eligibility.

Then again, that didn't seem to stop the WBB boosters from pouring it on. And there are far more football alumni and attendees out there.

I do really like this "gamified" format though. It was a trival but fun thrill to donate early and see my donation bump one of the smaller teams' total up another digit.
  • DrMike
    I do my big team Aggie and then smaller contributions like this. I’m more bothered that so many alums don’t kick in either way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!