• Toke69
    The Bengals are a weak team, coming off a 8-22 season and having lost several key players. This year they are 0-2 having lost to the same two teams that the Aggies gave lost to, but by a wider margin. Their best player is Tarik Cool (yes, his real name). ISU tends to play defense poorly. I predict the Ags will get their first W.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Hogland starting instead of Fuller.
  • eastbayaggie
    Is 1140 KHTK supposed to be playing the game? It sounds like college football talk right now.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    they’re supposed to but aren’t. Wonder what the problem is
  • eastbayaggie
    Okay. It's working now.
  • Zander
    Teams are going to realize that they can pressure the Ags in the final minute and have a legit shot to win if they're within even 15 or so, oof.

At least FT shooting is solid
  • Zander
    Scraped by
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not a clean game but good free throw shooting down the stretch. Fuller with his best game this year. And Manjon might average close to 20 points per game. Good to get our first win!!
  • DrMike
    I missed the game; good to see Pepper and Fuller contribute. A couple blocks from Hoagland.

Looks like we were down at the half but scored 40 or so in the second half. Any insights from those that listened?
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I were able to listen to the entire game while driving home from Pacific Grove and it made for an enjoyable drive. Nice win for the Aggies. They had a chance to close out the first two games but fell short so it was nice to see them finish strong today and get the win.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags came back after being down 8 or 9 I think and the defense seemed better today and forced 21 TO's which led to 20 fast break points. We're still struggling on the defensive boards. The Vandals had 15 offensive rebounds.

Manjon had two 3 pointers taken away due to the Ags setting illegal screens which will drive Les crazy. Fuller sparked the team midway through the second half with a couple of 3 and I think he took 3 charging fouls also. Nice to see him and Pepper get untracked a bit. FT shooting has been great which always pays dividends in tight games.
  • DrMike
    thanks; I was looking at the live stats and it looked like we went on a 15-3 run early in the second half and never gave that up. Defense the last two games was more like the past Ags. Rebounding has been an issue for last couple seasons but we seem to improve as the season progresses.
  • 69aggie
    Some of the touted new recruits have seen no action to date. Ran Pehka and Hainsworth have not played. I know its very early. Redshirts for both?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Santa Clara beat Nicholls State 73-57 to go 3-0 in the tournament.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I’m not sure either will officially redshirt. With the emergence of Ba as a solid guard rotation, I’m not sure we’ll see either this year. On the other hand, it is nice to see McGill get some meaningful minutes. He needs to put on about 20 lbs of muscle, but he seems to know what he’s doing on the court.

I am liking how the early schedule sets up. We get 3 early games to see where we are, then basically 2 weeks of practice to start addressing those issues.
  • Toke69
    I totally whiffed on the game, despite my original posting. I now have bookmarked KHTK and hope to be able to listen to at least parts of future Aggies games. Next game not until Dec. 8 vs. Cal Baptist down in Riverside. Does anyone know if KHTK broadcasts games from as far away as Socal?
  • DrMike
    in the past, they covered all road games even when they were in places like Indiana. We’d get move to 105.5 if there was conflict with the Kings.
  • DrMike
    Santa Clara county banned contact sports through Dec 21 so we were lucky to get these games in. Not sure the luck will hold.
  • tokyoag
    FWIW, as of 11/29, we’re the only Big West team with a D1 win.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ha, that is funny. We’ve played 3 games while 4 teams have yet to play one.
  • Toke69
    Thanks, DrMike
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!