• BaseballAtDobbins
    According to a a number of sources over the last two days, Southern Utah has received an offer to leave the Big Sky for the WAC. I don't get why they would leave an FCS auto bid conference after the Great West Failure. A lot of fans on other sites think us and CP should leave too, but they'd be crazy to leave the BSC, right?

How will this impact the three CA football members of the conference?
  • Goags20172
    initially it probably does nothing. Long term I wonder if Southern Utah has ntentions of cutting football. That of course is just speculation without any factual evidence. Not having been there myself I don't know how heavily invested the university is in its program.

I could see Sac State dropping their team though.
    They almost did in the early 90's but the students voted to tax themselves to keep it going. I doubt they'd be willing to do so again. UCD and Cal Poly seem to be very heavily invested in theirs .
  • DrMike
    we’d never leave the Big West for the other sports. Can’t see the WAC letting us as football only. Travel for football would be worse than Big Sky
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I would be sad to see Sac state cut football. It is good for FCS to have three teams in CA. We would never leave the BW due to cost and like minded schools. The WAC needs another FCS school to get an autobid.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!