• Toke69
    Ags seek vindication after a blowout loss to the Tritons. Lots of reasons to believe that the Aggies can win. First, they should be as mad as hell from their poor play on Friday. Second, no way does UCSD shoot as well again nor the Aggies so poorly I lost count of how many gimmes the team missed). Third, the UCD guys should be sharper with on game under their belt (remember that the Tritons are not exactly in mid-season form). Fourth, Coach Les will have had a chance to see how UCD plays after seeing what worked and what didn't today. To that point, note that the Ags only had 11 assists while UC San Diego had 28. That has to change.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope we don't allow them to shoot lights out again. They certainly had a hot hand for the whole game but the Aggie defense simply didn't show up. I expected us to be rusty but nothing like what we saw.
  • aggies07
    I hope you are right but I don’t see things turnaround overnight.
  • DrMike
    it did after the first game of the season. Hope history repeats
  • aggies07
    Down by 1-7
    This team is completely flat and almost zero ball movement.
  • DrMike
    Defense is playing well. Feels like if we get a little lead and relax, we’ll pull away
  • DrMike
    Manjon is really struggling. If he can get going, everything will open up
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Much better defensive effort today. Still struggling with offensive flow but at least the effort is there
  • DrMike
    Seemed like early we were trying to force it inside and that didn’t flow at all. Getting better as the game goes. Missed a lot of easy shots or we’d be up more.

54-46 12 to go
  • DrMike
    Keeping them in the game with bad shots and mistakes.

67-60 with 3:45 left
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies gain a split with UCSD 78-71. It wasn't pretty but it goes in the W column.
  • Toke69
    Speaking of bad shots, I shot myself in the foot when I did not start watching until just before 2, because of the time I posted, which I put into my head as the Hawai`i time. When do kids learn to tell time? First grade? I think I need to repeat first grade or at least get a refresher on time zones. At least I got to see a win in the last minute. I heard near the end that this win will not count in the Big West standing, so I must have missed something they said earlier in the game. Can someone tell me why this game won't count, especially since UC Davis has lost so many conference games already?
  • DrMike
    UCSD is transitional D1 so games don’t count in Big West Standings. So we’re still 0-0 in league play
  • BlueGoldAg
    UCSD will officially transition to DI in July, 2024.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    so the announcers kept saying that since UCSD was transitioning to D1 their games don’t officially count in big west play, so therefore the Ags record would still be 0-0 in big west play. But if you look at the official big west site it has our conference record as 0-1 (before today’s final) so that doesn’t jive. I guess it won’t really matter as everyone but UCSD makes the BW tourney. But it would be nice to know for sure
  • DrMike
    it looks like their loss to Irvine shows as a W in the Anteaters column.

Nice turnaround after such a bad showing Friday. Felt like we should have won by 15 or more, but we got sloppy on offense and lazy on defense and let a comfortable 12 point lead slip away.

If we can get some points from Anigwe, we’ll be able to score, especially if the defense continues to be tough. Manjon, Fuller, Squire and Pepper all look good. Koehler brings energy and toughness, and is a quality FT shooter, but, man, his footwork is bad - gets too rushed. Maybe that will improve with games. Ba and Shaw both contribute. Surprised we didn’t go a little deeper on a back to back ( pretty sure Adebayo and McGill played but didn’t show in box score)
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Adebayo was injured in Friday’s game (head injury of some kind) so he was out in Saturday. Not sure about McGill. Murphy got some clean up work Friday. And I didn’t see Hogland at all. Maybe we kept some big guys on the bench because of the matchup or maybe there’s some injury issues. Hopefully with a week of practice we’ll see a more polished team against the gauchos.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!