• BlueGoldAg
    He sounds like a tremendously accomplished man with a great deal of success in creating opportunities to underserved students. Georgia Tech has a big time athletics program so lets hope he will be supportive of the future growth of athletics at UCD as well.
  • zythe
    I hope he is Athletics friendly.

Just from seeing some of his videos he seems highly personable. He looks like a great catch for us.

I hope Hexter hangs around though.
  • Davisbear
    Hopefully he is into sports, it was great having Hexter show so much enthusiasm towards the program
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope Hexter at least keeps his regular position. He and Blue seemed to have hit it off and he gave Blue the green light on quite a few important decisions. It was also great to see Hexter attending Aggie athletic events and being so supportive. The new chancellor will certainly need someone like Hexter to help him get oriented to UCD and, hopefully, Hexter will get him on board with the direction that Blue is taking the program.
  • 69aggie
    I am sad that Hexter did not get the job. He is such a great man and talent and I hope he stays on. But, May looks like a real catch. Even a bit charismatic, but way too soon for that observation. SF Chron giving the story legs as Silicon V. folks would love to have a real STEM man in such a highly visible UC position. Look for Sac Bee to try and pounce on him early for: MUch more UCD presence in Sac downtown (yes, undergrads please)! UCD Classrooms in downtown Sac! New Schools like Pulbilc Health, downtown Sac! World Food Ctr. Downtown Sac! He needs to be well prepared for this nonsensical BS.
  • zythe
    I've always felt that we need a strong fundraiser and visionary.

I'm not sure Dr. Gary May has the ability to do that for us. He may have been a better hire as a Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor. It would have been nice to have had Hexter as our next Chancellor.

Again, Dr. May mat be the next Blue. I am a little disheartened that we had a great candidate in Hexter already. Could it be that because he was a Katehi hire he would always be on the short end of this search?

Katehi, for all the good she did, did mar the reputation of UC Davis.

By the way, we regressed in our Endowment: http://ais.ucdavis.edu/docs/gifts-documents/foundation1516.pdf
  • 69aggie
    Yes, Hexter was doomed for his ties to katehi for no valid reasons as he was hired way after the damming pepper spray event occurred. Yet, some faculty and some strtudents would always try and shove this into his face when ever they could. He would be great to keep on as provost, but history has it that all new chancellors do hire their own. For whatever reason. Maybe Gary different? We will se, but don't keep your hopes up on that one. As to reputation? May has already helped us a lot just because of his stature and his own reputation. My bet is that he will spend a lot of time in Silicon Valley where they need all the diversity and STEM help he can give. They will loved him!!
  • Zander
    Today it was announced that SDSU's President will be stepping down for a different job. I know the odds are slim, but I really hope we get Hexter as a replacement.
  • zythe

CGS probably recruited him...sorry to beat a dead horse but I had too!>:)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!