• CA Forever
    Just keep shooting ourselves in the foot. Huge run by Larison followed by a delay of game and then a burned timeout after
  • agalum
    We need to cease the momentum back
  • AggieFinn
    I wasn't aware Larison and Babb were still on the team until a few plays ago.
  • movielover
    Correct. Maybe playing Carmen San Diego w our TEs.

WHY DO WE THROW INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE??
  • CA Forever
    15-13... Gotta stop em
  • agalum
    Need turnover
  • CA Forever
    Good stop... These commentators want a penalty on davis every play no matter what. They are seeing the ghosts of penalties past, present, and future.
  • movielover
    I saw Castles on the sideline.

We don't have the tempo we're most successful with. Cody Hawkins not mixing up the play calling?
  • agalum
    Finally a holding call. They've been getting away with them all day
  • CA Forever
    This play calling is... Something
  • movielover
    Our QB status has come back to earth. Two picks, wild throw, throwing consistently into double & triple coverage. It looks like our O line is outmatched in the 2nd half.
  • CA Forever
    I didn't see the penalty, but another interception
  • CA Forever
    And we only have 1 timeout. We didn't just shoot ourselves in the foot... We unloaded the magazine
  • movielover
    I know... QB keeper.

Rodriguez 9 of 22, 2 picks.
  • Toke69
    Weber State is not ranked #2 without reason. I missed the first half, but the Wildcats are very good on offense, defense and special teams. No shame in losing to them especially at their house--with fans.
  • Riveraggie
    No one saw the penalty. We’ve had three penalties one the tick tak holding on Babb in the first half that have been very devastatingly timed
  • movielover
    We go to TE Thorpe w under a minute left. Ugh.
  • agalum
    Where’s Bakari Grant when we need him!
  • agalum
    Weber D came through for them. But good game. Need to score more than 13
  • CA Forever
    Weber is a very very good team, but this was a total disaster of a 2nd half on our part. Starts off with defense not prepared at all for a tempo shift followed bythe passing game falling apart entirely then EXTREMELY poor usage of timeouts and straight up weird play calling. Props to Weber on the comeback, they earned it but holy hell the wheels came off.
  • Zander
    Aggie defense has taken a step forward this year but not as far of a step as we initially thought. Can't help but think that some previous UCD teams would have been smoked by this offense.

Playcalling seems about the same to me, maybe a little better, but with more healthy talent on the roster than last year. Doesn't make it anything to write home about, just less of a liability but still something that showed today.

Clock and timeout errors are inexusable when you're playing from behind against a better team, and not even in a particularly hostile environment. It sounds unreasonable but I literally expect perfection in this kind of area from UCD squads. We're not going to outrun and out-muscle the top teams in the FCS, but we can decide that we're going to execute better than them.
  • CA Forever
    I'm totally with you Zander. Bad reads and interceptions happen. The other teams simply making excellent plays happen. Clock and timeout management issues shouldn't happen. There is no excuse. Burning a timeout on the first drive of the 2nd half for Weber to score immediately anyway. Using a time out AFTER just having a delay of game. These CANNOT happen.
  • movielover
    The Weber HC made a good point, they played well after we scored our first TD. Maybe we kept our TEs home bc of the Weber pressure, but there must be a way to keep them off balance - bubble screens, dinks over the D line into the hole (Thorpe?). If we bring in a Wildcat QB, which I found interesting, we need to be more confident, and why not throw or add an unexpected wrinkle after the Wildcat first down.

I found it concerning that Rodriguez repeatedly threw into heavy coverage. Our offensive line appeared to wear down in the second half. We miss Erron Duncan and Nick Eaton. Inconsistent refs didn't help.

Great effort. Do we move up in the rankings throwing a scare into the #2 team?
  • agalum
    ISU dropped 300 on Weber through the air. But they also had two weeks to prepare and maybe even go to our last game. Weber is very good. And this game was very winnable.
  • DrMike
    Seemed like second half we never had decent field position and they were able to stuff the run.

Key play? They converted a fourth down in their own territory on that second half opening drive. 4th and 1 on their own 34, QB converted. Stop that and we are in a position to really put them on their heels
  • AggieFinn
    Weber is stronger, bigger, faster...I think their young QB is the only thing holding them back, and yet he made the turning point 4th down conversion that started the roll.
  • Zander
    Did Rodrigues even attempt 300 yards "worth" of passes before the final desperation drive? Didn't seem like it, but that might be selective memory.

Seems like despite being a spread offense on paper, the coaches really want to run a more conservative ground game, but at tempo with trick plays thrown in. It can devastate ok/so-so defenses but Weber was just too good for that.
  • DrMike
    A little mind boggling that we held them to 247 yards.......and lost
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!