• True Blue Aggie
    Thanks for sharing. Coach Hawk, I believe, makes some good points. I hate losing people to the portal but . . . there are a mountain of sound reasons why an athlete may want to (or need to?) leave.

Some of the circumstances regarding their departures are frustrating for us fans - ie. the coaches have clearly nurtured and developed you until you feel you are too big for the environment. I find that frustrating. But . . . some student-athletes are disillusioned with the coaches, or not happy in Davis, or the academics are simply too tall an order, or there are family issues, etc. Those, I understand, for sure.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree, TBA. I thought Hawk's comment show just how much he puts the welfare of his athletes first and foremost instead of winning at all costs. He supports allowing athletes to make their own decisions about their athletic and academic careers as it should be.
  • Riveraggie
    Are you just speaking hypothetically or have we lost anyone to the portal?
    My guess is In the long run, we’ll have as many transfer in as transfer out.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!