• Riveraggie
    Athlonsports has us as #17, but lower than Weber, the two Montanas but inexplicably ahead of Eastern. I guess that’s because Eastern plays the Montana’s. I saw another poll that had Idaho ahead of Davis.
    https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2021
  • Goags20172
    Well, the Aggies had best prove them all wrong.

Not to trivialize the main message here about how good the Aggies may be, but does anyone else think pre-season polls are worthless, except maybe to gamblers ? The various publications can't just go conference by conference, pick their favorite to win each, then pick a winner from that group. I mean it flows logically that to be in the national title game you should be able to win your conference, doesn't it ? So why have multiple picks from the same conference ? I know the idea is that the second-place finisher in one conference may be better than the winner of another but that seems ridiculous to me. In the national spelling bee competition you don't take the 3rd place winner in CA state bee just because they had to spell harder words than the AL winner.

But no, they have to pick their favorite 25 and then update the list every week when their predictions don't come true
  • Riveraggie
    If they purport to pick the best 25 teams they have to pick multiple teams from the stronger conferences, not least because there are not 25 conferences. Besides, it serves the purpose of ranking top teams within a conference. This year these things will have very varied lists because last years seasons were so messed up. Sometimes they seem crazy.
  • 69aggie
    Very impressive indeed! I think Magic Man will see significant playing time this season.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!