• movielover
    DefenceGeek@DefenceGeek
    · 49m
    "BREAKING: #Taliban reportedly now control the #US Embassy building, Presidential palace and have been firing on the #Kabul Airport. Reminder that 5,600 US and UK troops remain at the airport along with whatever's left of the citizens to be evacuated."
  • movielover
    Knock on Wood Strategy failing.

Joe Biden last week: “No One’s Being Killed Right Now, Knock on Wood” Near Kabul Airport...
  • 69aggie
    Movie, please stick with sports where you are a great addition. Otherwise, your politically contrived comments are not well received. They have no place on this site. The deaths of our service men and woman are an all American loss, not a opportunity for your right wing attacks. Did you serve? I did. No response is asked for here.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks for your service, 69aggie, I served also.
  • cmt
    Question, which president agreed to pull all troops out of Afghanistan in the first place?

Of course, we all know movielover doesn't care about that fact. If the same exact scenario had happened except it was Biden who agreed to pull the troops out but Trump was president when the troops got pulled out, movielover would have been destroying Biden for agreeing to pull the troops out in the first place.

This whole situation is a disaster and likely would have been regardless of the political party in charge. Bush got us into this war and Obama was fine with it. Trump wanted to get the troops out and Biden seems to be in agreement with that. It's an incredibly unfortunate situation all around that appears to not have a clear good solution.
  • movielover
    This is exactly what the OT section is designed for.
  • movielover
    It's not pulling out that's the issue, but last minute, bizarre choices of historic proportions leading to our biggest loss of life in 10 years. President Trump had Stipulations required for pullout, and the Military hammer. Some on the ground say we can't evacuate everyone even by mid September.

Parliament has rebuked us, and said they won't work with this Administration. Various reports claim there are between 1,000 and 10,000 Americans stranded (potential hostages). You're correct that Bush Jr and Obama share the blame.

Major Biden Administration errors in Afghanistan pullout

- wasting 7 months not airlifting out $85B in military arms, equipment, nor evacuating civilians.
    - not keeping Bagram Air base open. (Larger, defensible, 2 air strips.)
    - not following President Trumps’ Stipulations for withdrawal.
    - accepting Afghans along with Americans, creating a crush at Kabul Airport.
    - working with the Taliban?!
    - President Biden choosing Jake Sullivan, Blinken & Milley for positions of authority. (John McCain lambasted Blinken as incompetent.)
    - not keeping our British brothers in the loop.
    - President Biden’s “Knock on Wood” Strategy (“hope”.)
    - not retaliating against the terrorists will encourage more attacks against our Military forces. They see weakness.
    - having the State Dept run Kabul Airport, not the Military.
    - some assert Congress is being lied to by the Executive branch & Military. Hence, the reason former military members of Legislative Branch both (D) & (R), flew to Kabul to ascertain the situation.
    - giving the Taliban lists of Americans and cooperating Afghans! "Incomprehensible".
    - leaving biometric equipment and data so that the Taliban can identify cooperating Afghans.
    - did we really leave the Taliban, and Iran, Blackhawk helicopters, night vision goggles, and 600,000 'small weapons'?

Lara Logan asserts this kind of military stockpile ($85 B) was left on purpose for nefarious reasons. (Military industrial complex.)

Mixed news. I'm told we've destroyed some of the military equipment, arms, and vehicles.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I don't agree politically with Movielover, but you're absolutely right that this is what the off topic section is for (as long as not every post is politics which it is not).
  • movielover
    We apparently have 6 planes full of Americans that can't leave Afghanistan. Also, approximately 24 children from Sacramento. One source estimates over 500 Americans in Afghanistan, and allegedly no push from the Whitehouse to get them out. State Department taking credit for independent sources who have evacuated American citizens.

Pretty bad when controversial Glenn Beck / Nazarene Fund appear to be making more efforts. (Newsweek story, oday YouTube Glenn Beck segment.) Nararene Fund allegedly recently chartered 4 commercial planes to transport out American citizens, Green card holders, and approved immigrants. Our State Dept supposedly holding things up, and gave a list of those people to the Nazis - I mean Taliban. Beck claims those 4 planes had over 1,000 people.

Meanwhile, reports that Joe Biden will come to California to lobby for Gavin Newsom to keep his job.

I believe most would agree that saving citizens and children trapped in Afghanistan is a far higher priority for the Whitehouse.
  • cmt
    I don't have an issue with differing political opinions. What I do have an issue with a large amount of his political opinions are, at best, stretching the truth, and, at worst, downright lies. All too often it's simply regurgitating whatever far right troll he likes to follow at that particular moment.

Want to have a fact based discussion? Great. Nothing wrong with that. But what he tends to do isn't that in any way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!