James Madison at Richmond 11 am
    North Dakota at Southern Illinois 12 pm
    NDSU at Illinois State 12 pm
    Delaware at Stony Brook 12:30 pm
    South Dakota at Northern Iowa 2 pm
    Drake at San Diego 2 pm
    Tarleton State at Dixie State 7 pm
  • NCagalum
    Montana State at Weber will be interesting. I think Montana State has shown the best in Big Sky next to EWU to date.

I think Sac has a good chance of beating Montana.
  • AggieFinn
    All those Big Sky games are interesting to me...especially with the Idaho/EWU outcome last spring. I don't see the Vandals touching EWU, but maybe they see something on film that others haven't.
  • Riveraggie
    I see Weber’s Barron is back at QB. and Weisser broke his leg against Cal Poly. Barron practiced during the bye week. I I like their chances against Montana State. Weber has played a much tougher schedule so far, and their two FCS losses were with their QB out. The 14 point turnaround single play by the backup qb was a huge factor in that loss, and we were lucky to beat them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana State at Weber State tonight at 7 pm on ESPNU. I'm pulling for Weber State in this one.
  • agalum

Yeah,they're 5-1. Maybe 5-2 helps us as the playoff picks get closer?
  • DrMike
    I think what will matter most is BSC finish. If Weber loses that’s two conference losses and they are behind us. Not sure what MSU has besides Montana. After Sac plays Montana, they play lower teams until us. They’ll be in the mix, along with Grizzly and EWU. Need those guys to knock somebody out of the running.
  • NCagalum
    but if conference record is same between us and Weber, don’t we get favor due to us beating them head to head? Sort of like us and eastern 2 years ago when conference records were same but they beat us during the season.
  • DrMike
    it should work that way. With the uneven schedule we could have a logjam of 1 and 2 loss team. If we’re one of the 2’s, we’d still probably ahead of Weber in the selection committee’s mind. Crapshoot
  • agalum
    Weber - MSU 7-7 at half. Real defensive battle. The announcer keeps pronouncing Weber like the BBQ. And just as i wrote that he corrected it, lol.
  • DrMike
    Not exactly a clinic in offense! Let’s see if Weber can pull it out - and another dropped pass!
  • BlueGoldAg
    MSU 13 Weber State 7 Final

TO's cost Weber to lose another close game.
  • NCagalum
    If you take away the 2 scoring drives in first quarter there were 8 and 6 first downs the rest of the game for Weber and Montana State respectively. Don’t know if TOs cost Weber the game as it didn’t appear they would sustain a drive for a TD anyway. If 7-7 at end of regulation Montana State would of win simply because they have a better kicker. With limited offense the margin for any mistakes is extremely thin. Looks like Weber may be out of playoffs for the first time in years. Montana State has EWU and Montana yet. The brawl of the wild could be very interesting, but I think Montana State takes that game. Not so sure they will beat EWU.
  • agalum
    I was impressed with both Ds. Not sure if the offensive flatness for both teams was just that, flatness, or the strong Ds taking away the plays. I was not that impressed with MSU.
  • agalum
    Dang, EWU 300 yards first quarter, 29-7. They are impressive!
  • NCagalum
    Sac up on Montana 7-0 and will begin second possession. I think Sac is going to win this game. Montana QB doesn’t have a lot of experience.
  • NCagalum
    They need the mercy rule in the EWU UI game.
  • agalum
    And Best will leave his first string in and go for 100 if he has the chance.
  • DrMike
    I guess Dotson left the team. They still seem to have running options. His usage for Hornets was very limited early on, and his numbers way down from the past
  • NCagalum
    Didnt know that. Players these days seem to have fragile egos and not much patience. Must say I don’t have all the inside scoop.
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU 43 Idaho 14 at the half. Barriere is 17-19 for 397 yards and EWU has rolled up 481 yards already.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac is rolling. Up 14 to 3 midway through Q2.
  • NCagalum
    Sac definitely looking like the better team. Montana is still trying to find a consistent offense.
  • NCagalum
    Hauck can’t even give a non-snarky interview with the Grizzly field announcer.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hauck and Best are birds of a feather...
  • agalum
    Is the MT QB a backup? Seems like he is the bottle neck in their offense.
  • movielover
    EDIT: EWU 63-14 = Q4 13:13 left.

Barriere 26 of 35, 600 yds, 7 TDs, 0 picks, 284.3 passer rating. Insane.

4 sacks, 2 picks, championship level execution.
  • NCagalum
    . Yes. First stringer got hurt against EWU.

Sac up 21-6. Montana is going to have 2 big sky losses after today.
  • NCagalum
    Sac mistakes hurting them. 21 all.
  • NCagalum
    I think Troy Taylor is fed up with some of the cheap shots Montana is doing.
  • NCagalum
    Sac state muffs punt after scoring …..then intercepts Montana. Sac definitely the better team but Sac has more turnovers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!