#10 South Dakota State at Youngstown State 11 am

Valparaiso at San Diego 1 pm
    Dixie State at Delaware 10 am
    Navy at Tulsa 4:30 pm Friday
  • AggieFinn
    NAU @ IDAHO
    CAL POLY @ PSU

Interesting to me.

Can Idaho State strike lightning again and take down red hot Weber?
  • Riveraggie
    I take it you don’t think Northern Colorado has a shot?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Navy 20 Tulsa 17 Final
  • AggieFinn

What's the weather like in Greeley today? Looks like 50-60 degrees and mostly sunny. That's good for Sac.
  • agalum

Navy was like 1-6. Tulsa had several TOs. I watched it for a while.
  • Riveraggie
    I think Sac is not going to have any trouble. I haven’t been a believer in Sac because I just didn’t want to, but they’ve overcome my skepticism.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The bye couldn't come at a better time for us. We are a little beat up on the OL and we don't seem to know exactly who our #1 QB is. Hopefully, we'll heal up and sort things out better during this bye week.

Our next 3 games are going to be very tough: NAU on the road and then EWU and Sac at home. All of these games will test us thoroughly and, depending on how well we do, these games will determine our playoff fate. If we were to win out, then we host. Win 2 out of 3, then we are in but probably have to travel in the first round. Lose two and who knows...the season could be over...or we could travel to a top seed. Lose all 3 and the season is over.
  • agalum

2-1 would be a good showing, but Lordy, beat J Street tech.
  • Riveraggie
    We will be underdogs against both Eastern Washington and Sac.
    It was surprising how Sac dominates NAU, I thought they were coming on with their true freshma QB..
    In my opinion the season would be a great success if we beat EWU regardless of the playoffs. Going from not having beaten a top 20 team in a decade to knocking of two, one of which might be number 1 ranked when we play them would be a real step forward. Same applies but to a lesser degree if we beat Sac and lose to EWU.
  • DrMike
    Dixie St (0-7) down to host Delaware 17-10. I’m rooting for those guys. Brutal schedule. This is one of their better chances for a win
  • AggieFinn
    Southern Utah has Montana 19-20 late in the 4th up in Missoula. This would be a huge, huge upset if SUU could pull it off.

Sac running close with UNC in the 3rd (in Greeley)
    Weber up 10 on Idaho State in the 3rd (in Pocatello)
  • agalum
    20-17 Sac 4th quarter, go Bears!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana 20 SUU 19 Final
  • BlueGoldAg
    William & Mary 30 #5 Villanova 18 Final
    Delaware 17 Dixie State 10 Final
    #5 James Madison 45 Elon 21 Final
    #10 South Dakota State 47 Youngstown State 16 Final
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac 27 Northern Colorado 24 Final
  • DavisAggie
    Davis will be favored over Sac
  • Riveraggie
    Unlikely, unless we beat EWU.
    Right now we might be favored by a point because it’s a home game. But in two weeks it will be different.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our focus right now needs to be beating NAU in their house and I don't think that will be easy. Then we can start preparing for EWU in a monster game in front of a packed Aggie Stadium. Sac is a distant thought for me right now.
  • Riveraggie
    NAU looks tough against Idaho.
  • Riveraggie
    NAU punter dropped to a knee to field a bad snap. Give Idaho chance
    And Beaudry throws interception
  • BlueGoldAg
    NAU 38 Idaho 31 Final
  • Riveraggie
    UNI beat #3 Southern Illinois. 23 to 16
  • 69aggie
    Well if you think we are weird (add wife to this- we are all very weird!). My brother in law is from Michigan and went to Michigan. This guy is so into M games that he dresses up in his M colors for each game. Lives in Marin and is a teacher there. When the M games comes on at 10 am CA time ALL ACTIVITY must stop in his house. No phone calls. No answer the door. No talking! And he facebooks the entire game! It not go too well For The mighty M today at Michigan State today. Bad calls! M lost and the front room was a complete mess in front of the TV. Sister IL has to put him to a dark room with a Xanax to pull him out of his major funk. You know what? It’s just a game. Remember Friday Nights Lights movie? That was its message. Great movie. Watch it if you haven’t. We aren’t that weird are we?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Sounds like another day in SEC country.
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife is a Michigan grad and in the past few years, until Covid, we've been attending a game in the Big House each fall with some of her U of M college friends from years ago. It's quite an experience to be on campus and then go to the game. There is so much tradition, passion and history. The last game we attended was against Army and there were 111,000 people in the stands. Incredible atmosphere and so much respect for the Army players. It is the Heartland after all.

On of our friends is like your brother-in-law and I'm sure he is in a deep funk right now too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Weber State 40 Idaho State 17 Final
    Portland State 42 Cal Poly 21 Final
    San Diego 21 Valparaiso 14 Final
    #2 NDSU 44 Indiana State 2 Final
  • 72Aggie
    That NDSU score is a strange one. Bison dominate with 44 points, but apparently give up a safety?
  • 72Aggie
    I used to be pretty neutral about Michigan until they hired Harbaugh. Didn't like him at USD, Stanford, the 49ers and now UM. With this loss and a probable loss to an Ohio State University at the end of the regular season I wonder how much more those 111,000 fans will take.
  • BlueGoldAg
    #1 Sam Houston State 45 Tarleton State 27
    #8 Southeastern Louisiana 23 McNeese State 20
  • cmt
    I think that's a bit pessimistic and I think there's some wiggle room in your predictions depending on exactly how the wins/losses shake out.

I agree on the winning out/losing out scenarios. If we win out, we're getting a bye. Winning out would mean we'd be 10-1, probably co-Big Sky champs (with Sac and/or Montana St) wins over an FBS team, and at least two playoff teams (I bet Weber gets in if they win out, which they probably will so that would be three playoff teams). I think the only way we lose out and get in is if all three are close losses. But even then we're 100% going on the road.

Winning 2 of 3, we're definitely in but we probably don't get a bye. The one scenario where we could get a bye would be a close loss to EWU/Sac. Eastern is probably a top-10 team when we play them unless they get blasted by Montana St. Sac's up to 15 in the STATS poll, won today and should win their next two. They're a top-10 team when we play them. That matters for optics. But I think we absolutely get a home game if we win two of three unless EWU or Sac just hammers us. But EWU hammered us in 2018 and we not only got a home game but a bye also. Let's say EWU hammers us. We'd be 9-2, wins over FBS/playoff Weber/playoff Sac. That's a top-16 team, which is what you need for a home game.

Winning only 1 of 3 and I think we still get in, though I doubt we get a home game. The only way we would get a home game is if we beat NAU and lose close to EWU/Sac. But realistically we're probably not hosting. But a 8-3 Big Sky team with an FBS win and at Weber is definitely getting in. Maybe if we get blasted by EWU/Sac and barely scrape by NAU we get left out. But even then, I think we still get in, though yes, we'd be a bottom seed and would probably face #9-12 in the first round.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!