• BlueGoldAg
    Brynton Lemar and Chima Moneke were both selected to the Big West All-Conference 1st Team and Moneke also was named Newcomer of the Year. Siler Schneider was given Honorable Mention.

First Team:

Brynton Lemar Sr G UCD
    Chima Moneke Jr F UCD
    Tre' Coggins Sr G UCR
    Noah Allen Sr G/F Hawai'i
    Jaron Martin Sr G UCI
    Luke Nelson Sr G UCI

Player of the Year: Luke Nelson Sr G UCI
    Newcomer of the Year: Chima Moneke Jr F UCD
    Freshman of the Year: Jackson Rowe F F CSU Fullerton
    Coach of the Year: Russell Turner UCI

See all the awards here: http://www.bigwest.org/assets/sports/mbball/17_MB_All_Conference.pdf

Congrats to Brynton, Chima and Siler!
  • quadshock
    Congrats! With the addition of Schneider as 6MOY and Graham as HPOY, very good player representation. Bummer that the last game was likely the determining factor for POY, but I'll take it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yeah, the POY award was a tough selection. Luke Nelson is a fabulous player but he missed over half the season with a hamstring injury whereas Chima played in every game. I think the fact that Nelson is not only a great player but a senior as well was a consideration too. Then the final game when Nelson played well and Chima did not probably sealed the deal. I expect Chima will have a good go at it next year as well.
  • oldschool
    Chima being the only non-senior on the first team is noteworthy. And I think most folks would, even subconsciously, give the edge to the senior vs. the newcomer junior for POY.
  • Zander
    As much as anybody can predict next season, POY may be Chima's to lose next year if he continues this level of performance. As it was this year until the UCI game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!