• BlueGoldAg
    UC San Diego got the Big West off to a good start with an 80-67 win over Cal in Berkeley this afternoon. The Tritons looked really good and this was a solid win and their first ever over a PAC12 team. If they continue to play like they did today, they'll make some big noise in the Big West this year.

Other Big West Games today:

Irvine at New Mexico State 6 PM ESPN+
    CSUN at USC 6 pm PAC12 Network
    Aggies at Utah State 6 pm Mountain West Network
    Riverside at San Diego State 7 pm Mountain West Network
    Westcliff University at Cal Poly 7 pm
    Bakersfield at UCLA 8 pm PAC12 Network
  • Toke69
    I watched the end of this game on the Pac-12 network and while the Tritons did play well, shooting 52% from the field, Cal was clearly in disarray. The Bears only got 4 assists and were 5 of 18 from 3-point range. Hard to say how good UCSD is at this point. I can report that Hawaii is in trouble as two expected starters were lost for the season with injuries, including Samuta Avea who was expected to be a major offensive threat.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Too bad to hear about the Hawaii injuries. Never like to start the season like that
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree that Cal did not look good at all but I thought that SD was impressive. I was impressed with their ball movement and passing along with their ability to hit the 3. Rocak was a beast for the Tritons also. He's very physical. Cal continues to disappoint too.
  • 69aggie
    Cal-usc game cancelled. Covid. Why are we doing so much better?
  • BlueGoldAg
    That is the football game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Tuesday results:

UCLA 95 Bakersfield 58
    San Diego State 66 Riverside 53
    Cal Poly 86 Westcliff University 53
    Santa Clara 84 Fullerton 77
    San Diego 80 Cal 67
    USC 89 CSUN 49
    New Mexico State 62 Irvine 51
    Ags 72 Utah State 69

Wednesday games:

Long Beach at Idaho 6 pm ESPN+
    San Francisco State at UCSB 7 pm ESPN+
    UH - Hilo at Hawaii 9 pm ESPN+
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've been watching a little of SF State at UCSB. Man, the Gauchos are loaded with size and talent. Pasternack really goes after Power 5 level talent each year and lands of few 3-4 star transfers. I think they must be favored to win the Big West again this year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Long Beach State 94 Idaho 89 OT
  • Oldbanduhalum
    UCSB and UCI are certainly in a level by themselves in the BW. The Gauchos play at wazzu next Monday. That should be a interesting game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    UCSB 119 San Francisco State 65. This is the most points scored by the Gauchos since 1971.

Amadou Sow and Josh Pierre-Louis, who is a 4 star SO transfer from Temple, each had 25 points apiece and the Gauchos shot 63% for the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawai'i 97 Hawai'i - Hilo 67
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thursday games:

Riverside at Arizona Stater 6:30 pm PAC12 Network
    Fullerton at San Jose State 7 pm Mountain West Network
    Northern Colorado at Hawaii 9 pm ESPN+

Friday games

EWU at UCD at 2 pm ESPN+
    NDSU at Cal Poly at 2 pm ESPN+
  • BlueGoldAg
    UC Riverside upsets Arizona State 66-65 on JP Moorman's 3/4 court shot at the buzzer. Moorman is a SR 6'7 transfer from Temple. Riverside looked solid the whole game. Great win for the Big West.

• Oldbanduhalum
    another solid win for the big west. Going to be a good battle for the top.
  • eastbayaggie
    As of November 11th:
    https://masseyratings.com/cb/ncaa-d1/ratings

#99 UC Santa Barbara
    #104 UC Davis
    #159 Long Beach State
    #162 Hawaii
    #165 UC Irvine
    #169 UC Riverside
    #179 UC San Diego
    #231 Cal State Bakersfield
    #237 Cal State Fullerton
    #257 Cal Poly
    #295 Cal State Northridge
  • BlueGoldAg
    San Jose State beats Fullerton on an 8 foot jumper at the buzzer 78-76. Tough loss for UCR after coming back from 16 down to tie the game in the final 2 minutes.
  • Toke69
    Hawaii lost, 81-78, at home to a Northern Colorado team with a lower Sagarin rating (http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm) than UC Davis. Hawaii rarely loses at home to mediocre teams.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!