• BlueGoldAg
    I thoughts the refs took over the game in the second half and destroyed the flow and rhythm of the game for both teams but especially the Aggies in the final 10 minutes. I really do not like it when officiating crews do not allow the players to play. Basketball is not a non-contact sport. Of course, the refs can't let the game turn into free-for-all but every bump and touch doesn't warrant a foul and the refs turned the second half into an interminable march to the FT line.

There were several offensive fouls on the Aggies where the EWU players were obviously flopping to sell the charge and the refs bought into it. Flops are supposed to be a focus this year since there has been so much flopping and refs often react to the defensive player going down without having a clear view of the contact that would warrant a charge. This officiating crew needs to review the difference between flops and legitimate offensive fouls before they officiate another game.

Last night's great game between #4 Villanova at #2 UCLA was a great example of an officiating crew letting both teams play physical basketball while keeping the game under control. It's the way the game should be played, IMO. No one enjoys hearing whistle after whistle especially when the fouls being called are so inconsistent.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Comments from Coach Les:

Aggie coach Jim Les, who picked up his 300th victory between coaching stints at Bradley and UC Davis, was high in his praise of Anigwe.

“I challenged him before the game that we need him to be a double-double guy for us,” Les said. “He has such great versatility, and when he plays like that it gives everyone a little more confidence.”

“I loved our start,” Les added. “Our attention to detail and our aggressiveness on defense was impressive. We set the tone right at the beginning. The challenge, of course, is to maintain that edge from starters to bench and back to starters.”

“I really like this group,” he said. “They’re allowing us to coach them and they’re practicing well and performing well in games. I’m not going to say I’m surprised because there’s a lot of ability there.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/uc-davis-mens-basketball-tops-eastern-washington-coach-les-picks-up-300th-win/?utm_source=DE&utm_campaign=0b90d2e7a0-Daily_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_be64fee185-0b90d2e7a0-171004309
  • SoCalAggie
    Caleb fuller provides great energy, D, and rebounding. But man he can’t shoot. Would love for him to honestly shoot less and set up other people instead…
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!