• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags tangle with the Hornets at 7:30 pm on Tues, 11/23 at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento. The Aggies are coming off a close 72-69 loss at Pepperdine and are 2-1 for the year while the Hornets lost to UCSD 71-56 in their last game and are 2-2 for the season with wins over William Jessop and Cal Poly and loses to UCSD and Utah.

There doesn't appear to be any live stream or TV for the game. The radio broadcast will be on KHTK 1140 AM at 7:30 pm.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    There is a Groupon out there that gets a general admission ticket for the DH for $15, that’s $5 off the regular price.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice. Tickets are included for season ticket holders also.
  • DrMike
    Paper (yes, PAPER - I’m old) shows Ags as 9 1/2 favorites. Seems awfully high for neutral court game. I think that Utah St win is weighing this spread.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Absolutely agree. Seeing as Utah st only has one loss, us, and wins over Richmond New Mexico st and Oklahoma, I’d say our win is looking really good. Hope we come out with that intensity tonight.
  • DrMike
    I missed the first half v Pepperdine - were we sleepwalking a bit? I know the shooting numbers were bad again. Love to see Manjon get off to a hot start. He’s struggled in the first half of each game
  • BlueGoldAg
    I didn't think we played particularly poorly on defense in the first half against Pepperdine. They were just on fire. They were hitting everything they put up: 67% overall and 72% from 3. Many of those shots were contested and they still drained them.

We stepped up the defensive intensity in the second half and that got us back into the game but then they hit a two tough shots in the final minute that did us in.

I think we have played pretty good defense so far which is typical for Jim Les teams but the offense is a work in progress. The upside on offense has been the interior play of Anigwe which is something we having been missing for a while. However, the scoring has been concentrated among Anigwe, Pepper and Manjon and we aren't getting much help from anyone else.

Our perimeter shooting has not been very good either and we need that to be successful. Fuller is playing a lot of minutes but is in a shooting slump. Hopefully, he'll break out pretty soon.

Our opponents will continue to clog up the middle as long as we can't show we are more dangerous from the outside. Teams have been making it very difficult for Manjon to drive inside and he's having to rely more on his jump shooting.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah I agree with BGA. It wasn’t the worse energy level I’ve seen from the Ags. More that Pepperdine just hit tough shot after tough shot. That led to some sloppy offense as we tried to push a little too hard. I’m pretty confident that we come out fired up tonight. It’d be nice if the outside shots would fall
  • SoCalAggie
    Never understood why this game never had a stream…
  • StrikeThree
    Sac State wins. Utah State is the game you're still going to be talking about if the Aggies start 3-7...well we beat Utah State. Maybe Utah State laid an egg that night, who knows ?

BTW Not a Sac State fan. Just thought the topic could use a different point of view. I'm rooting for the game to be over because I detest the Kings and the Golden 1 Center, which is where they are playing.
  • DrMike
    Off to a torrid shooting night! 1-7 to fall behind 9-4
  • BlueGoldAg
    I’m at the game and this is really, really ugly…
  • agalum
    Ags are getting out played on both sides. Even Pepper doesn’t have a bucket
  • Whocares
    You shut up and go back to your baseball magazine you old fart !
  • Toke69
    Ags have 9 turnovers and one assist with 3 minutes left in the half. Glad I can't see it.
  • DrMike
    16-1 run over the last 6 minutes with 6 turnovers. We don’t play well at the G1
  • agalum
    Painful
  • movielover
    41-23 Halftime
  • DrMike
    We have 12 turnovers. Couple that with cold shooting and you get an 18 point deficit.
  • StrikeThree
    I hope a hornet stings you on the face while you're chatting in your My Little Pony chatroom. Go tweet in the street !
  • movielover
    I hear nothing but great things about Aggie alum and current Head Coach Laird.

Fowler is their one proven weapon.
  • Russ Bowlus
    16 points off turn-overs for the Hornets.
  • movielover
    Congratulations to Coach Laird, rebounding from a loss to a tough UCSD last weekend.
  • Toke69
    Somewhat reminiscent of the Pepperdine game, the Ags seem to have improved a lot in the second half, but were too far back and did not have enough of an improvement to overcome an 18 point deficit at the half. This is not a good trend and I am sure Coach Les will try to figure out why the team starts so badly.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Well that was a tough one to watch. We just aren’t good enough to only play hard for a quarter of the game. Offense was bad but I kind of expect that now. Defense was horrible for most of the game. Sac kept running the same play over and over and we just never stopped it. Just pathetic.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We just had a awful first half and dug ourselves too big a hole. We had a bunch of TO's, blew several layups, couldn't buy a basket from the perimeter, got beat on defense over and over...it was a forgettable half of basketball. I'm not sure why we were so out of sync on both ends of the floor and I hope that isn't an omen of what the season is going to be like this year. We "won" the second half but it was too little, too late.

Pepper put the team on his back in the final ten minutes and you could tell he was frustrated. He plays hard every minute he's in the game. It was nice to see Cameron Ba getting minutes. Hopefully, he'll help us from 3 because we can pretty much can't buy a 3. We were only 4-17 tonight and are only shooting 26% from downtown for the season. Kane Milling looks like he's starting to be more comfortable in the offense and we need his offense.

I hate losing to Sac but we need to put this one behind us and get better. The season is still young.
  • agalum
    Painful to watch, but enjoyed the company and food at Sauced.
  • DrMike
    Sounds like the last time we played Sac at Golden 1.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We've now lost 3 straight to the Hornets at the Golden 1 Center...not good!
  • 72Aggie
    Somebody needs to revoke Coach Laird's UCD Alumni Ass'n membership. If we talked politics here I'd say AINO, Aggie In Name Only,....but we don't, so I won't.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!