• Toke69
    The Tigers have not looked particularly good so far this year, with losses to Northern Colorado, UTEP and Hawaii and wins over no Division 1 team with a winning record. Lindy's picked them to finish 8th in the WCC. Their best player seems to be Jeremiah Bailey, a 6'6" forward who currently leads the team in scoring steals and blocks. Pierre Crockrell II is a solid point guard, averaging 4.6 assists per game. The game will be streamed on ESPN+.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This is a 6 pm PT game, Toke. You can edit your the title of your post by by clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom of your post and then click on the pencil.
  • DrMike
    Well, let’s hope they come out fast and agressive like v EWU and get the ship righted.
  • Toke69
    Thanks, I think that's only the 32nd time I've messed up the time difference subtracting instead of adding the Hawaii time. Guess I haven't been living out here long enough.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's been an odd season so far. We looked really good in our first two games and then dug ourselves big holes in the first halves of the next 3 games. When we struggle on offense it affects our defense and things go south quickly. We've had trouble making shots even when we've had good looks.

The loss against the Academy of Art is certainly the low point of the Jim Les era for the Aggies. I think this team has too much potential to continue playing like that...well, I certainly hope that's the case...
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like UoP is favored by 1.5pts. If we come out aggressive this feels like a game we should win.
  • Toke69
    Bob Williams is doing the color. Ags look okay after a slow (2 of 8) start. They're playing hard.
  • agalum
    36-21 at half. Maybe the best half this season. Nice to see the 3s dropping for Pepper.
  • Toke69
    Aggies shooting 57% from the 3-pt. line. Whatever Coach Les did after the sad loss to AA is working. The team is being very aggressive on defense and on the boards.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Agree! Good defense has fueled the offense
  • BlueGoldAg
    Terrific defense by the Ags.
  • agalum
    Wow, 9-0 run by the Tigers fueled by 3 3s
  • Toke69
    It's amazing how Pacific came out with so much energy and the Ags seemed to sag in reciprocity getting sloppy with the ball. Things seem to have evened out now but it's anybody's game to win.
  • agalum
    PEPPER for president! Wow!
  • Toke69
    What a great game. To be 15 points up, watch it evaporate then hold on to grab the momentum back and win the game says a lot about this team's character.
  • DrMike
    Did anyone notice me and Sam young courtside for the win?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    It’d be nice to win without needing Pepper to be insanely hot (ghost pepper) but any way to get a win is good!
  • agalum

They showed you very briefly.
  • agalum
    Gritty win down the stretch when the Tigers came out of the half hot.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Boy, did Pepper get on a heater or what! Glad we got the win.

Our defense was outstanding in the first half but we got tired in the 2nd and Pacific started making shots. Our offense is still a work in progress. Pepper won't be able to carry the team on offense every night. This was a step in the right direction.
  • DrMike
    Good to see Pepper and Manjon back to their bold selves. Defense was strong throughout; credit UOP
    for some bombs to get them back in it. Credit us for handling it!

Did you guys notice the number of transfers on UOP? roughly 2/3 of roster. I’m sure glad we don’t resort to that
  • movielover
    Possibly veteran team last year. Coach Stoudamire left and joined the Celtics.
  • DrMike
    looking at their 20-21 roster, many of the same guys. Must be a challenge getting high school kids to go to Stockton.
  • agalum
    In the top ten of most dangerous cities in CA. I won’t stop there even for gas.
  • movielover
    Agreed. Good ethnic food. Murder rate up 68% last year (55 murders). Not sure why their port isn't used more. UOP pricey.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    More of this please

• abridge
    Here are some photos from the Pacific Game - almost entirely from the first half

2021-12-01 University of the Pacific vs UC Davis
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!