• Russ Bowlus
    Pac-12 Network highlights video noted that the Aggies just snapped Oregon's 44-game OOC home game win streak. Nice. :party:
  • aggie08
    Landmark win despite Oregon’s injuries. Congrats to the ladies! Seems the coaching staff made an emphasis on rebounding. It’s encouraging that we equaled Oregon’s tall roster in boards.

Burns seems to be developing rather quickly as a freshman point guard which is encouraging. Good to see Svanholm’s positive contribution today w 20 solid minutes. She could end up being a major factor this year. Hoping we can develop our bench a bit more during BW play, keep the rebounding focus and maybe improve on to’s.

Big games coming up against WSU, Stanford and Gonzaga. All tough games but let’s see how we measure up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ducks last non-conference, home loss was way back in December of 2014.

Comments from the Oregon coach:

"Defensively I thought we were good enough to have won this game," Graves said. "But we're just not real good offensively right now. It's kind of disappointing. We've got to get better."

"They wanted it more, you could tell," Graves said of that stretch. "They were more organized; they played harder. That was killer. … That's tough to swallow."

"We had some pretty good looks," Graves said. "One of the things I've always prided myself on — well, two things offensively: shot selection and taking care of the ball. We took care of the ball; we had a decent night with our shot selection. We just didn't make many."

https://goducks.com/news/2021/12/1/womens-basketball-uo-women-drop-third-straight.aspx
  • abridge
    Jen really put together a terrific game plan which the women executed in fine style. Oregon couldn’t hit their perimeter 3rds to open the middle so the Ags could double-team the Oregon bigs. And the rebounding! That was the best rebounding game I can remember the Ags playing.

Next up: Washington State who we beat her a few years ago. I somehow don’t think they’ll look past the Ags.

It’ll be interesting to hear what Jen thinks was needed to bring the team together after a pair of difficult losses and so-so performances against teams they should have creamed. This really was a team effort. And to see Grey on the court if only for a few moments.

Wow. What a day. I wonder if the women will be able to sleep tonight - although I have to think they left everything out on the court. They did look tired the last 5 minutes of the game.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I haven't looked at the box score, but I think the only two people that got meaningful minutes off the bench were Swanholm and Langi (Grey for a few minutes). I bet they slept pretty well last night!
  • cmt
    That's a hell of a win right there.
  • Russ Bowlus

Pretty much.

Svanholm (20 min) traded a lot of time with Sage (25m), looked like. Langi had 8, Grey, 4, and Shine 3. Rest of the starters all had 30+.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I must admit that I'm impressed with the two freshman that get time. They both make rookie mistakes, of course, but both Langi and Burns play with a confidence that you don't get from a lot of Freshman.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope that we will continue to give the bench competitive minutes. It will pay off big time as we get deeper into the season and for next year when the team loses Hall, Stobbart and Konrad. Those are some very big shoes to fill!
  • Russ Bowlus
    It's a reminder to Oregon that the other team wants to win, too, and are under no obligation to make things easy. See also: MBB v AoA. It's a little crazy that they didn't remember what happened last season--or maybe they discounted it because of COVID/prep time/etc? Who knows.

It's maybe also a reminder to not be so full of themselves and their Pac-12-ness. :razz:
  • cmt
    That's one nice thing about playing in a one bid league. These games basically don't matter. I mean, you don't want to put up an 0fer or anything like that, but you've got the ability to try things out and give a bunch of players minutes to see what they can do.
  • Russ Bowlus
    LBSU WBB loses to Oregon by nine this afternoon. Oregon won despite 21 TOs--shot better from deep and made more free throws. ORE still missing 2-3 starters due to injury.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like the beach is making a push to challenge the Ags. Good. We need tough competition throughout the BW season
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think the conference is going to be very challenging for the Aggies this year and you know everyone will be gunning for the Ags too.
  • eastbayaggie
    I doubt it will be this year, but I'm hoping that the lady Aggies could eventually be good enough to make the Big West a two bid conference.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Oregon just beat UConn, so by the transitive property of sports scores: UCD > UConn.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Oregon just dismantled Washington State, 83-30. Good grief. WSU shot 17.5% for the game. :grimace:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!