• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies travel to Corvallis on Tuesday for a 7 PM game against Oregon State. The Beavers are off to a rough start and will be looking to stop a current 8 game losing streak. OSU's only win this year has been 73-64 win over Portland State in their first game of the season. This is only the second time UCD and OSU have met. The Beavers won the meeting in the Pavilion 73-59 back on December 7, 2007. OSU features a big lineup with 6 players over 6'8 including 6'10, 7'1 and 7'2.

OSU games so far:

W at home 73-64 over Portland State
    L at Iowa State 60-50
    L at Tulsa 64-58
    L at home to Samford 78-77
    L at home to Princeton 81-80
    L to Wake Forest in Niceville, FL, 80-77 OT
    L to Penn State in Niceville, FL, 60-45
    L at Cal 73-61
    L at home to Arizona 90-65

Live stream from the PAC12 Network at 7 pm Tuesday.

Go Ags!
  • Russ Bowlus
    That 2007 match-up was one of Davis's early ESPN games, IIRC.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you're right. We had a great crowd and the students showed up in force since the game was being televised on ESPN.
  • DrMike
    Paper shows 6 point underdogs. I think I’d take the beavers and give the points after the finals layoff.
  • Toke69
    Curry has forced my viewing of this game into a later viewing for me.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    yeah I get that. I watched him break the record. Ags up early 10-9. Both teams missing some open shots.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags down 30-28 at half. Manjon can get to the bucket anytime he wants. Need to hit the outside shots when they collapse on him. Overall not a bad half
  • DrMike
    Listening and live stats while at a high school basketball game. Looks like we’ve overcome a frigid shooting start to be down 2 at the half. Pepper 0-5? Need to get him going. Is he getting open shots?
  • BlueGoldAg
    All the stats are very even for both teams. I like our defense. Surprisingly, 20 of our points are in the paint against their superior size. Neither team is knocking down 3's. I hope Pepper finds his stroke. He's 0-5 and none of the shots have been close. This is the first time that OSU has led at the half this season...wow...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepper has had some open looks...just been off the mark from outside or short armed in the paint..
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really like seeing Adebayo taking the ball to the hoop and scoring. He so strong and has great body control.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Really like seeing Adebayo drive. It’s been just a matter of him getting enough time before he really figures out how to use his size without fouling or turning the ball over. Maybe he’s reaching that point
  • DrMike
    Quite a start to second half; up 48-37!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    OSU is losing composure. Stupid elbow in the back of adeybayo right in front of the ref. Dumb playing. Manjon is the best player on the floor
  • abridge
    I'm liking the Ags' defense - moving well. Good thing OSU can't shoot from the outside.
  • DrMike
    might explain their record!
  • Toke69
    It's great to see Manjon being so aggressive and scoring in a variety of ways. he had really impressed the color guy, Eldridge Recasner, who was a pretty good point guard at Washington himself. Hard to believe that Oregon State went to the Elite Eight last year. Ags aren't looking to shoot from 3 much , maybe because they can't stop the Aggies inside game?
  • agalum
    And that will do it, 71-64 Ags
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Nice win. First off let’s say tha OSU is not very good. But still any win against a Pac-12 team is a good win. Manjon gets the game ball but plenty of good playing all around.
  • BlueGoldAg
    OSU's record wouldn't be quite so bad if they had won a few of their close games. Four of their loses were by a total of 11 points.

Ezra is so much fun to watch isn't he. He has lightening quickness. His first two step off a ball fake are so quick that it's practically impossible for a defender to stay in front of him and he can finish as well. I thought this might have been Fuller's best game this year and it was really good to Ade and Borra contributing on the offensive end too.

I liked how we played within ourselves and stayed focused when the Beavers made their runs. That layup by Fuller on the inbound play with about 40 seconds to go and only 2 seconds on the shot clock was a thing of beauty as were a couple of other back door plays after timeouts.

Now if we can beat Pacific in their house and then beat Portland at home, we'll have some nice momentum going into conference play.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    UOP beat UCSB tonight by 9 in OT so that will be another good game. I agree that several of our players had their best games. And totally agree that we didn’t do anything superhuman. We played our game, played consistent and won. Gotta love it.
  • Toke69
    I was impressed at how Coach Les drew up some really nice back-door and in-bounds plays for easy buckets. I don't understand how the Beavers kept letting the Aggies get those easy plays. Wayne Tinkle is a really good coach and the team has been playing too long not to be playing better defense.

Now UC Davis has beaten two teams that went to the NCAA tournament last year. Of course, that was last year and clearly Oregon State (very oddly) is a shadow of last year's team. Utah State, however is now 7-3 with wins over Oklahoma and Richmond. I don't know what happened against Sac State and Academy of Art, but this edition of UCD Men's basketball is good.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't know what happened against Sac State and Academy of Art, but this edition of UCD Men's basketball is good.

The loss to the Academy of Art is a real head scratcher...
  • DrMike
    I think being the underdog let’s them play looser. When the shots didn’t fall vs the Urban Legends, we got tighter and tighter in all aspects of the game. Last night, they stayed loose, weathered the early poor shooting and got more confident as the game went on.

I with we had a better 4-out offense in the final minutes. I don’t mind seeing Ezra work the clock and take a shot at the end , but a back door or open 3 off his drive would be nice. And DO NOT FOUL on the rebound after working the me shot clock!

I’ll be at UOP; short drive. UCSB seems to be off to a bit of a slow start. Love to see a sweep of the tigers. Remember that LONG losing streak we had to them?
  • agalum
    Talking about UOP, the schedule doesn’t show video. Is there a way to watch that game remotely?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    11 years ago. My ten year old son is in the storm somewhere.
  • Russ Bowlus
    OSU forums are a little down on their coach.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I bet. I'm sure losing on your home court (and not looking good doing it) to a team that lost to the urban knights, has to be tough to swallow.
  • DrMike
    I remember watching that game in Comcast Bayarea (or whatever it was called then). I believe Greg Papa on the call. I also remember both Mark Payne and Joe Harden being out with injury yet we pulled it off! Ended the 49 game losing streak.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!