• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will be honoring Caleb Fuller, BJ Shaw and Cameron Ba before the game against CSUN on Saturday. The Aggie Athletics article about the games this week says they are "graduating seniors."

With Thursday and Saturday's games marking the final two home contests of the season, the Aggies will recognize three graduating seniors on Saturday in a ceremony prior to the game against CSUN. Caleb Fuller, B.J. Shaw and Cameron Ba will each be honored for their time spent in an Aggie uniform.

All three began their basketball careers here in the 2018-19 season but Fuller is listed as a junior on the roster and Shaw and Ba are listed as sophomores. This would indicated that they still have eligibility left due to redshirt and Covid extensions but, apparently since they are being honored, they must be graduating and leaving unless they continue as a grad student.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2022/2/23/mens-basketball-aggies-set-to-honor-seniors-during-final-home-stand-of-2021-22.aspx
  • AggieFinn2
    My understanding is that they only honor players who will complete their degree by year's end (or perhaps the following fall quarter) and have informed their coaches that they will be done competing. I think the pre-game ceremonies are more for allowing the fans to recognize and say goodbye to them. If it weren't about the fans they could just as easily hold private recognition events-and they probably do anyway.

Isn't Fuller from the UK ? Even with whatever scholarships he could get not sure he'dwant to pay for another year out of state tuition just to play basketball.
  • DrMike
    I thought Shaw graduated high school in 17, then went to some academy for a year. Ba in graduated high school in 18. Not sure how Shaw is still a sophomore even with a redshirt and the extra year unless that academy year is still ‘high school’?

Both could/should be on track to graduate.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Fuller has made tremendous progress during his time here so he'll be a key loss. I've always felt that Ba and Shaw were quite talented but their playing time was very limited each season.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    These three are all quality teammates and have been excellent aggies. Obviously losing Fuller is a big loss on the court. Adeybayo could step back into the starting lineup if Les is looking for a better defender. Or maybe McGill steps in. I feel likes he's shown a few glimpses of what he can do on the offensive side.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!