• BlueGoldAg
    Details from the WNIT website:

As the 20th annual WNIT moves closer to Selection Night on Monday, March 13, here’s a rundown on how the 64-team field will be revealed and scheduled.

Once the NCAA Tournament committee announces its field (approximately 8 pm ET Monday), the WNIT field of 64 teams will be announced via its website (www.womensnit.com) within an hour, by 9 pm ET. Then, the committee will follow that with the full bracket announcement coming between 11:30 pm and Midnight ET.

On Tuesday, March 14, all the game times for first-round matchups will be announced. First-round games will be held March 15-17; the second round runs March 18-21. Round 3 is slated for March 22-24; Round 4 is March 25-27, and the WNIT semifinals are set for March 29-30.

The WNIT Championship Game will be played at 3 p.m. ET on April 1 and be televised by CBS Sports Network. Thad Anderson (PXP) and Ceal Barry (Analyst) will call the game.

​Stay updated on the latest tournament news by following the WNIT Twitter feed: @WomensNIT.

http://www.womensnit.com/news/details-for-postseason-wnit-selection-night
  • 72Aggie
    Wonder why the WNIT has 64 teams, but the men's NIT has only 32? Maybe I could come up with some irreverent answer if I had another hour of sleep.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Maybe they need more games and venues to generate more money..??
  • PortlandAggie
    We got Utah at Utah on Friday
  • CA Forever
    Looking at rankings this actually looks like a competitive game.
  • aggie08
    Agreed. In terms of RPI, Utah is 69, we're 73. Let's go Ags! Beat a Pac12 team @ their house!
  • Zander
    I assume Utah is a higher seed than us. If we knock them off, would we possibly get a home game round 2?
  • 72Aggie
    Looks like winner of UCD/Utah plays winner of Colo. St./St. Mary's. Not sure how the NCAA is seeding the WNIT, or picking sites. We beat the Gaels by 2 in the regular season so we could make a pitch for a home game if Ags and Gaels both pulled the road victories.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!