• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags averaged 10,422 in their 2021 home games which ranked #18 out of 128 FCS teams.

1. Jackson State 42,293
    2. Montana 24,584
    4. Montana State 19,176
    15. NDSU 15,101
    18. Aggies 10,422
    33. Cal Poly 7,952
    37. Northern Arizona 7,620
    38. Sac State 7,615
    59. Weber State 6,404
    63. EWU 5,725
    74. Norther Colorado 5,168
    80. Idaho 4,878
    88. Southern Utah 4,591
    101. Idaho State 3,674
    104. Portland State 3,329

Whole list here: https://herosports.com/2021-fcs-attendance-leaders-bzbz/
  • Riveraggie
    it will be interesting to see if they can sustain that without the strong start to the season.
    The team has markedly less publicity on their web site than they had prior to the pandemic. One can glean from the team’s twitter account that there is some kind of practice going on but is this spring practice? Or just some organized workouts? I think the team needs to publicize itself because of the lack of media exposure in their market.
  • agalum
    This article discussed some of the strategies used to increase attendance:

How UC Davis set uncommon attendance marks in an uncommon year
    https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2021/12/8/football-how-uc-davis-set-uncommon-attendance-marks-in-an-uncommon-year.aspx

"I think it starts months, years in advance," UC Davis Athletic Director Rocko DeLuca said. "The formula is pretty simple but this year presented some big challenges to figure out how we were going to message and get things done in a safe way. I think on the heels of the pandemic, people were so excited to get together and celebrate something like a football game and that helped feed into it. But you look around the area and that wasn't the case everywhere so I think it was a lot of hard work by our external staff to message and communicate some of those pieces."

“ Despite not being able to host large scale events for a full year and not allowing more than 10,000 fans in the gates until the second home game on Oct. 2, UC Davis' entire season attendance net 11,000 more fans than 2019. The Causeway Classic on Nov. 20 saw a stadium record for attendance and average attendance over five home games surpassed 10,000 spectators.

All of that turnout translated to a 29 percent increase in revenue over the 2019 season, including two record-setting single game revenue marks in homecoming on Oct. 16 and the Causeway Classic.”
  • AggieFinn
    Great thing to see
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!