• movielover
    What do you think ...
    1. What local image will be broadcast to represent Davis? (11 votes)
        Tower Bridge - Sacramento
        64%
        Skyline - Sacramento
        9%
        American River - Sacramento
          0%
        Davis - Downtown
        27%
        Davis - North Hall
          0%
        Davis - Putah Creek
          0%
        San Francisco
          0%
  • zythe
    They may even show pictures of either the Golden Gate bridge or the Hollywood sign...>:)
  • DrMike
    if anyone from a Sacramento news station has a vote, the 'pepper spray' incident will show up.
  • CA Forever
    Almost every time I've seen Davis athletics on a national station, it's been the Tower Bridge. Why break tradition now?
  • zythe
    It'll be Cal State Davis with the Berkeley Capanile in the foreground.
  • movielover
    We could't show North Hall and a picturesque shot of Ptah in the Spring... makes too much sense.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Will truTV be relying on the local CBS affiliate for this footage?
  • aggie6thman
    Tower Bridge.
  • aggie08
    On one hand, I really like local Davis pics. That said, as our program grows, it may be to our advantage to represent Sacramento.

We have the potential to be the show in Sac. We already have a great reputation academically, now we can combine that w the competitive bball team for the Sac/NorCal area. This can bring in local fans and hype for good basketball and significantly help w local recruiting. Could work to our advantage to think big. Iron is hot w making the NIT and NCAA in 2 of the last 3 seasons. We have so much potential and IMO are in the process of tapping into it. Just my 2 cents
  • aggie6thman
    What about the water tower near Mrak? It the vineyards near Mondavi? There are so many better shots than Sacramento. The small town feel of Davis is what draws a lot of people to campus. Sac isn't a draw, the city of Davis, as quirky as it is, is more of a draw.
  • movielover
    London double decker buses with uuuugh oak trees behind it...
  • Zander
    I'm not so sure about the town being the biggest initial draw. Some people outside of Norcal actually do think Davis is in the middle of nowhere. Additionally I don't have the numbers but I suspect that the share of our applicant pool coming from cities will grow due to economic and population trends.

I think it's more of a "come for the connections and prestige; stay for the wonderful town" thing. There might be some merit to portraying UCD as a hip, connected campus near an up-and-coming city and letting students fall in love with the town when they visit or enroll.
  • aggie6thman
    The quad would be a good shot. As long as the squirrels aren't chasing undergrads...
  • aggie6thman
    Second paragraph. ;)
  • zythe
    Just show pics of the campus: mondavi cneter, shrem art museum, death star, the domes...
  • agalum
    Dont forget a few cows.
  • 72Aggie
    Intersections in front of Chem and Olson at class break.
  • movielover
    The old Pub would have been cool. Or Picnic Day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!