• BlueGoldAg
    The Lady Ags travel to Salt Lake City to take on the Utah Utes out of the PAC-12 on Friday at 5 pm PDT in the first round of the WNIT. The Ags will try and rebound from their disappointing loss to UCSB in the Big West Tournament last week and it will be a tall task.

As would be expected of a PAC-12 team, the Utes have a lot of size and athleticism. They are led in scoring by their 6'6 center, Emily Potter, who had 22 points and 13 boards against the Ags last year. The Utes blew out the Aggies by 30 points 88-58 in that game. Trying to contain Potter without getting into deep foul trouble will be a huge challenge for the Ags. Morgan Bertsch and Marly Anderson must find a way to limit Potter without getting into early foul trouble.

The Ags have had a remarkable season this year but they did not play well in their games against PAC-12 teams at Stanford and Oregon State. Hopefully, they will come into the Huntsman Center with a chip on their shoulders and play with a gritty determination to make a run in the WNIT. This team is capable of doing just that and now's the opportunity.

The game will be streamed live on the PAC-12 Network at 5 pm PDT Friday:

http://pac-12.com/live/university-utah

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I know most everyone will be in the middle of watching the Aggies play Kansas at the time that the women take on Utah at 5 pm. However, I hope you'll keep another window open on the live stream of the women's game too and check in on how they're doing every now and them. This is a huge game for them also.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies lead Utah 40-30 at the half.
  • aggie6thman
    Come on, ladies!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies are battling tough and lead Utah 57-49 after 3 quarters.

Let's go Ags, win this one!
  • CA Forever
    60-52 7 minutes to go. Go Aggies!
  • CA Forever
    65-55 3 minutes to go
  • CA Forever
    Lady Ags win 72-62! They move on to take on Colorado State on Sunday. Bertsch had 23 points and Nagel added 17. Way to go, girls!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great win over a PAC-12 team. It would be nice for them to get a home game but they'll probably have to go on the road again to Fort Collins in their next game.
  • PortlandAggie
    Nice W. I caught the final 5+ minutes
  • CA Forever
    Yeah it's @ Colorado State
  • aggie08
    Props to the ladies! They've built a solid program. Beat the Rams!
  • aggie6thman
    Movin' on to the next round!
  • BlueGoldAg
    As well as the Sac Bee covered the men's great run, I feel like they snubbed the women. The Bee didn't even mention the score of the Ags first postseason D1 win in Aggie history. They beat a pretty good PAC-12 team and they deserved coverage by the Bee.
  • 72Aggie
    Not even in the fine print towards the rear of the sports section*. Not even one of their crack investigative journalism capsules that reads "according to the UC Davis website."

*They do however include the first leg schedules for the quarterfinals of the European Champions League (soccer) for games to be played on the 11th and 12th of April.
  • Zander
    Normally I do think that the women can get the short end of the stick when it comes to recognition -- considering they outperform the men a lot of the time -- but I have give a bit of a pass to the media this year.

Remember, this all happened in a whirlwind. 10 days ago I would not have guessed that the women would bow out in their first BWCT game and the men would go on to win a NCAAT game. Campus PR and local media had to quickly gear up for the biggest flux of interest the university has seen in years and it's not surprising that something fell through the cracks.

Hopefully some of the excitement and attention carries over to their WNIT run. They're a very strong team and while I don't know much about the competition I think CSU at least is quite beatable.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!