• abridge
    This seems like a major earthquake to me. Will the Pac12 survive this? There are many possible realignments. Suddenly the Washington and Oregon schools might look to Big Sky to reduce costs. Not football, I think, but it seems like an upheaval of epic proportions. Look forward to reading thoughts from people who understand all of this more than I do1
  • 69aggie
    Last week SDSU served a formal notice that it is leaving the mountain west conference. Which many believe is the first step in SDSU joining the pac 12 conference. The significance of this to the big west is that this opens a spot in the MWC and Hawaii according to the local papers is very interested in taking that spot in the MWC for all sports. We will see. Keep watching. . .
  • DrMike
    i would be happy to see Hawaii go; screws up the basketball schedule because of the travel to the island.
  • 69aggie
    Well, i don’t think the Hawaii papers have factored in the increased costs of the travel involved in a transition to the MWC either. But I think the Hawaii AD has. We’re talking about multiple teams now traveling to Wyoming, Colorado State, AFA, New Mexico? Most of which are non revenue sports. I have no idea how Hawaii teams even get to Wyoming, New Mexico etc. without a few plane changes and a long bus ride. Won’t happen in MHO. Unless the Hawaii AD is a complete idiot. I agree with dr Mike that the Hawaii membership with the BWC is a big pain in the butt.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!