• NCagalum
    Portland State plays San José State tonight (Thursday). You can catch the game on watchstadium.com . I think it is at 7:30 PDT. I may be falling asleep while I watch.

Northern Arizona at Arizona State
    Unlikely that they’ll pull another FBS in-state upset.
    Available on Pac-12 network (I think they need to rebrand as PAC-x network or maybe PAC-n?

Cal Poly at Fresno. This could be ugly.
    Available on FS1.

Western oregon at Weber.
    D2 school. Likely wipeout and nothing learned
    ESPN+
  • DrMike
    I think San Jose is on NBCBA, where the giants games are in the Bay Area
  • Zander
    SJSU is up a score at the half against Portland, but the Vikings look like the better team. PSU can seem to move the ball at will vs SJSU except for a few miscues in the end zone.
  • movielover
    3rd quarter scores:

SJSU - 14-10 Portland State
    Fresno State 28-7 SLO
    Arizona State 37-3 over Northern Arizona

FINAL:

Weber State 41-5 win over Western Oregon
  • NCagalum
    Portland State definitely looked better than SJ State. The inability to punch it in from the 1 yard line in first half and the inability to get just 1 first down on their last drive sealed their loss. Portland’s QB looked very good (he is mobile too) and Beau Kelly had a big game. Portlands 3 turnovers didn’t help but were’t turned into scores. PSU is going to give some folks problems in the big sky.
  • DrMike
    PSU’s last INT kinda turned into a score. SJSU took that to the 1 where they were stopped, but got the ball back on a short field after PSU 4 and out. That was costly.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Big Sky is 1-4 to start the season so far:

UNLV 52 Idaho State 21
    Weber State 41 Western Oregon 5
    Arizona State 40 Norther Arizona 3
    Fresno Stater 35 Cal Poly 7
    San Jose State 21 Portland State 17
  • NCagalum
    yah, field position. Lousy punt coverage on that setup SJSU. PSU also had that punt that was touched by receiving team player who wasn’t thinking (or thought Kelly has touched it).
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, 1-4. My goof...edited now...
  • AggieFinn
    Heard Poly had three red zone opportunities that they came up empty on.
  • quadshock
    PSU has some puzzling time management decisions at the end. I only tuned in the last couple minutes so I'm not sure if those plays were effective earlier or what. Could've won it
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!