• Wookie
    First time poster, long time lurker. Have enjoyed Aggie Sports. I see that Boise State releasedTim Plough. Any possibility of bringing him back? Long for the offense of 2018. Thanks
  • agalum
    Welcome aboard!
  • CA Forever
    Welcome to the board! I have a hard time seeing Dan letting Cody go at this point. I don't want to say it's straight up nepotism, but since joining the staff Cody has received a promotion every single season and is now up to OC. I think Cody would have to royally screw something up for Dan to even consider firing him.

I greatly miss Plough's up tempo offense even if there were still playing calling decisions I didn't agree with. Cody's offense is slow and too dependent on Gilliam bailing the rest of the offense out. That clock is ticking.
  • Wookie
    Totally agree. We were fortunate to have had Jake at the helm and Doss. I enjoyed Ploughs playcalling.
    This year’s defense is impressive. The offense needs to step up.
  • movielover
    Could he pitch in as an offensive consultant?

Hawk himself doesn't seem like an Xs and Os guy, unlike Foster or Sochor, but I could be mistaken.
  • Wookie
    Thanks CA Forever.
    Movielover, Plough may or may not be available but it’s worth a try. At least an interim consultant for the season.
  • smarterray
    Miss the uptempo too. If you have talent that has helped you before, and they're willing, welcome them back with open arms.
  • AggieFinn
    Why Davis isn't challenging the offense to snap it every 15-20 seconds, and process audibles ala 2018 is beyond me. The Aggies should be at break-neck speed trying to match the efficiency of 2018 every year.
  • movielover
    My impression is that helped our end of the first half drive.
  • NCagalum
    my gut feeling is that with stiffer competition (to date and this Saturday) the offense has been conservative to “keep the Aggies in the game” and to work the clock and keep the other team off the field. Hence the short passing game with no up tempo. I too believe the up tempo offense should be used more. One of the questions is can Hastings run it efficiently. Maier was good at it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!