• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies were still getting some respect before their loss to MSU on Saturday night. MSU was a 4.5 point favorite going into the game but losing by 17 points has dropped us out of the Top 25 polls completely which is not surprising regardless of having played perhaps the toughest schedule to date in the FCS.

I think we all knew that 1-4 would be a real possibility at this point in the season given how tough the schedule was. However, I also think Aggie fans honestly thought we had a very good shot at being 2-2 or even 3-1 after Hawkins tantalized us his pre-season pronouncement that, "This is the best team in the history of Aggie football."

I'm sure the players, although disappointed, will keep competing hard but the shine has gone off the apple at this point. The possibility of a losing season record is a very real possibility now considering how well Idaho and Sac State are playing currently. Unfortunately, I think the attendance is going to fall like a rock now as well which will not help the morale of the players either. All we can do now is take it one game at a time and try to get better.
  • agalum
    Well said, I share those thoughts
  • Riveraggie
    I wouldn’t vote us in the top 25, but at least one based on comparative scores does.
    https://www.college-sports-journal.com/college-sports-journal-sagarin-fcs-top-25-oct-2-2/

Only one of the teams listed has had a tougher schedule than Davis, that’s South Dakota.

Three of our losses are to teams in the top 6 and the fourth was to Cal.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!