• CA Forever
    I'm happy for Gomez. He's had a good day. Dude had a ROUGH start to the season, but the last couple games has been on point.
  • Toke69
    Some deceptive stats: UNC "won" time of possession 31-29 minutes, were close in total yardage 423-484. Seems like the score should have been more like 31-28.
  • movielover
    I LOVE seeing 4 QBs play. Harper looks good, and Babbs got 2 more receptions. Good to see Jeremiah Chukwudobe and Perez have some nice runs.
  • movielover
    No expert here, but it seems like the slant really gashed them. Two big plays to LL and Josh Gale. They shut down UG early.
  • 69aggie
    Anyway to see the game on replay? Didn’t see it on ESPN+
  • Toke69
    I was able to see the game on ESPN+ but I just checked their "Event Replay" listings and couldn'tg find it. You might want to check later to see if they post it late.
  • Riveraggie
    I’m watching it now. Just look at big sky > on demand
  • NCagalum
    Have to say Hastings had another nice game. He does a good job of not getting flustered and keeping his eyes downfield. Gale has got some wheels. Looks like he could be a wide out - but effective at tight end. Likely not the blocker like Castles and Thorpe. Lot of players making contributions. Rex Conners another very good game. Good to see Buchanan back. Tompkins was back but I’m my limited watching and attempts for him - he doesn’t look quite as confident with his quick cuts. He was amazing at that last year - I wonder if his ankle is not quite 100%. Good to see him on the field though.
  • agalum
    Was O’keefe back in?
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t think so, not on the participation list.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Sac and the Aggies both beat UNC by 48 points: Sac won 55-7 and the Ags won 58-10. So I was curious to see how the game stats compared and the stat that stood out to me was the total yards:

Ags: 484 UNC 423
    Sac: 622 UNC 175
  • Riveraggie
    Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado both ran the ball better against Davis than they averaged in other Big Sky games, so that’s concerning.
    Northern Colorado had been gaining 2.9 yards per rush against UCD they gained 5.3.
    But rather than dominating the totals, Davis dominated in turnovers, scoring every time in the red zone, and big plays.
  • Zander
    Defense was on the field a lot because the O was scoring so fast; I'm wondering if there's a "sweet spot" where a slightly better opponent might have somewhat fewer (or at least not proportionally more) rushing yards vs a fresher Aggie D and/or against the starters for longer in the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Post-game comments from Hawkins:

“Our guys are getting some momentum and a win like this helps build confidence,” said Aggie head coach Dan Hawkins.

“We’re stringing some games together of not having any turnovers, and that makes a big difference. It’s nice to hold someone to 10 points on defense and still, like, you can do better.”

“We’re starting to play our best. We know we played some tough games early on, but now we’re having some success. We just have to keep our oars in the water.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/football-uc-davis-silence-the-bears/
  • DavisAggie
    Teddye Buchannan returned
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!