• movielover
    Good to see his progress, but can he win big games?

Dixon really underthrew the ball, I figure with that route overthrowing is the better error.
  • lucche
    Now, if Montana is still ranked and hasn't beaten anyone that good, and the Ags are still unranked Ill have problems with ranking of teams, and will make me think only Sagarin system is the most accurate
  • Toke69
    Anyone else think that the Hornies are over-rated? I mean, the collective record of the Big Sky teams they've beaten is 4-16 and Colorado Stat is winless.
  • NCagalum
    Montana is always over-ranked. It boils down to name recognition Their offense was abysmal today.
  • movielover
    Possibly, 2 legit wins. Scatebo is a BEAST. Over 9 yards a carry tonight. Two senior QBs who make few mistakes. We'd be in a much better position if we won even one of our tough games.
  • AggieFinn

Scatebo is a problem. He runs like a lunatic.
  • agalum
    24-21, vandals looking good.
  • agalum

“ Scatebo is a problem. He runs like a lunatic.”
    Watch him closely in between plays. He looks like he has tourettes syndrome. Lots of twitches.
  • CA Forever
    Stats from the game

Passing:
    Miles Hastings - 22/27, 425 yds, 4 TDs

Receiving:
    CJ Hutton - 5 rec, 104 yds
    Casey Granfors - 2 rec, 74 yds, 2 TDs
    Matteo Perez - 1 rec, 67 yds, 1 TD
    Ulonzo Gilliam - 8 rec, 66 yds
    Justin Poerio - 1 rec, 65 yds, 1 TD

Rushing:
    Ulonzo Gilliam - 17 att, 139 yds, 2 TDs
    Jeremiah Chukwudobe - 2 att, 42 yds
    Lan Larison - 8 att, 39 yds
    CJ Hutton - 3 att, 28 yds, 1 TD

Defense:
    Devon King - 6 tackles, 1 break up
    Teddye Buchanan - 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 INT, 1 TD
    Jackson Cloyd - 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack
    Jehiel Budgett - 3 tackles, 1 INT, 2 break ups
    Kavir Bains - 3 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack

Punting
    Henry Reich - 3 punts, 109 yds, 36.3 avg, 2 inside 20
    Justin Dwinell - 1 punt, 44 yds, 44 avg, 1 inside 20

Kicking
    Isaiah Gomez - FG 1/1 30 yds, 8/8 PAT

Can't complain too much about the outcome of the game. Would have liked Miles to not fumble that one on his scramble as it gave CP some momentum in the first half, but the defense shut them down completely in the second half. Team got a season high in points assisted by the defense forcing several turnovers. At the end of the day, whether it was a close game or not, the Golden Horseshoe is staying in Davis for another year!
  • Riveraggie
    The box score doesn’t list the starters for Davis. In the game one of the #13 had to change his number to 0 as both were on a kick coverage team. They have Logan Kraut with two solo tackles on kickoff returns and DeVon Frazier not listed.
  • NCagalum
    I saw Frazier in the game.
  • Riveraggie
    Yeah, I had to go back and watch the kickoff returns. Frazier made an outstanding tackle on the kickoff towards the end of the second quarter. He also had another tackle on a kickoff, when Kraut was in wearing #0.
    Frazier is an outstanding player.
  • NCagalum
    one of the parents I met in Bozeman (Conners parents I believe) said Frazier was the fastest guy on the team. He’s had some good safety blitzes.
  • agalum

Regarding Buchanan, i was surprised to see in his bio that he played QB, and was very accomplished at it.

ST. IGNATIUS HS ’20: Competed for coaches John Regalia (football) and Mike Kennedy (track & field)... Selected as Player of the Year for both the Central Coast Section and West Catholic Athletic League Player as a senior... Two-time All-WCAL first-team selection... Helped team to share of 2019 conference title after handing Serra HS its first loss... Starred at both quarterback and linebacker... As a senior, completed 71 percent of passes (205-for-249) en route to 1,785 yards and 18 TDs on offense, while recording 83 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 hurries, 3 forced fumbles and 2 recoveries on defense... Also a jumper (long, triple, high) for track & field team, placing 2nd in both horizontal jumps at the 2018 WCAL Finals.
  • movielover
    On top of that, he is very young. A family friend told me he graduated HS at 16 or 17?
  • CO Aggie 94
    Really appreciate this board. Long time observer but never posted. I lived in SF for many years before moving to Colorado. I missed seeing him play but feedback from my buddies that saw him weekly that he may well have been a PAC 12 player if he solely focused on D. Also had a solid reputation in the classroom and as a classmate….at a very distinguished Jesuit high school. No surprise seeing him as a young captain.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to the forum!
  • AggieFinn

I mean, they release this almost 4 days after the game...and it's only a minute long.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes but I think they're getting better with their highlight videos and their pre and post-game interviews. It's a work in progress...
  • movielover
    They cut off the start of the plays, and didn't include Jeremiah's play of the game.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!