Cal Poly (1-6 & 0-4) at the Aggies (3-4 & 2-2) 4 PM
    Idaho (5-2 & 4-0) at Sac State (7-0 & 4-0) 6 PM
    Montana State (7-1 & 5-0) Bye
    Northern Arizona (3-5 & 2-3) Bye
    Northern Colorado (2-6 & 1-4) Bye
    Idaho State (1-7 & 1-4) Bye
  • AggieFinn
    4 teams on Bye, wow

Also, learning that Idaho's success is largely attributed to the return of new Head Coach Jason Eck, who was running South Dakota State's offense the past few years.
  • Jackbacker2
    Big Sky looks like a conference with 2 tiers. The top teams being Sac-the 2 Montanas, Idaho and Weber state. Perhaps the Aggies can continue their winning streak. A win against Sac state should get us in the play-offs.
  • movielover
    We're on the cusp. Tough schedule, three top 6 teams and Cal to open the year.
  • Toke69
    I see that the NCAA rankings put 6 Big Sky teams among the top 14 schools in the FCS and the Aggies have played or will play 45 of them. Sheesh! Of course, with our 3-4 record, we get no votes, as opposed to the likes of 4-3 Campbell and 3-3 Stephen F. Austin. Same as it ever was.
  • Riveraggie
    We haven’t beat anyone who’s having a good season, our best win is against Northern Arizona and they’re 3-5 and even San Diego is just 3-3.
    Sagarin has us as the #11 FCS team but that’s just on comparative scores, not who you’ve beat, which affects the non algorithmic polls.
  • DavisAggie
    More precisely, 3 tiers:
    1. Teams that should coast into the playoffs: Mont. St., Weber, Sac St
    2. Teams that control their own (difficult) destiny: Idaho, Montana, Davis
    3. Teams that have no chance of the playoffs: everybody else
  • NCagalum
    and Idaho has only 1 more top echelon team to play while Montana has 2. Montana could well drop games against Weber and Montana State. Their name recognition and having their AD on the selection committee could get them in with 4 league losses (and probably would although I would question it with their weak first half of season schedule. Will be interesting to see how Idaho fares against Sac.
  • AggieFinn
    Different year same story, the inability to split or otherwise beat most of the playoff caliber teams on the schedule is what's keeping Davis out of the hunt. A win this week puts Davis at 0.500, fhat's 4-4, with zero quality wins. That's a big statement too, because Cal Poly has got nothing to lose and will throw shots all night this Saturday.
  • movielover
    Idaho and Sac still looming. Sac, at 7 wins, only had 2 tough games and has 2 senior QBs.
  • DavisAggie
    If Idaho loses to Davis and Sac, they likely don't get in. That's why I put them in Tier 2
  • DavisAggie
    And if Montana loses the remaining big games, they'll be behind Idaho with no quality wins
  • AggieFinn

I actually give a little credence to Montana beating South Dakota, who just beat Southern Illinois, but it was only the Yotes' 2nd win this season so feels less impactful.

Ags really needed that win vs. Weber...that's going to haunt them.
  • movielover
    It seems like Idaho and Sac will be huge games.
  • agalum
    Replay of montana slac on espn, directv 208, on now
  • Toke69
    Checking on Sagarin's ratings, I see that he has Sac State as the top rated FCS team just ahead of South Dakota State and 43 places above UC Davis.
  • DavisAggie
    winning out will make up for that
  • movielover
    Many Cal fans want TT as their OC or HC.
  • Riveraggie
    43 places but only 10 FCS teams and just a nine point spread,
  • NCagalum
    With the acknowledgment/assumption that the Ags need to win out to get into the playoffs, I think I will be pulling for Sac State. An Aggie win over Idaho combined with an additional Idaho loss to Sac would put UCD in a better position than Idaho (with the opening proviso) to gain a playoff invitation.
  • agalum

I follow the logic, but it would be sacrilegious for me to root for SLAC, wink.
  • NCagalum
    understand :-).
  • NCagalum
    Lucas Johnson out for Montana. I’d say Weber tje definite favorite.
  • Riveraggie
    Montana’s announcers are doing a road game, That’s not the usual pattern on the ESPN+ games. They’re homers on an away game.
  • agalum
    10-10 griz - weber at half. I’m not so sure Weber is going to have the fire power to take SLAC
  • NCagalum
    yah, can’t say that I like the main announcer. Emphasizes everything forcefully and just talks too much.
  • NCagalum
    Montana 89 yards of offense in first half. Weber only 139. Kind of boring to watch. Montana offense very conservative with Brown. Montana’s offense (or lack thereof) is their weakness.

Robby Hauck looked like he was running in concrete trying to catch the Weber guy after whiffing on the TD run.
  • NCagalum
    Montana’s only offense is their punter. He is very good. Correction - and their defense.
  • NCagalum
    Montana 21 points off 114 total offensive yards. Quite efficient. Don’t understand why Weber kicked it to Flowers (kickoff returned to house)
  • movielover
    Weber 24-21, Q4.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Weber State 24 Montana 21 - Final
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!