• Riveraggie
    Time to give the assistant coaches some credit.
    The running game is better than any of the Plough Speckman and Keane coached teams, while we still have an effective and efficient passing game, So hats off to the new offensive assistants.
  • AggieFinn

Absolutely. This is a team game, and Davis has been playing the team game all year, especially in the passing game. The coaching staff has made adjustments this season and put in the work to get these student-athletes prepared.
  • Wookie
    Give our “Boys in the Trenches” credit. They controlled both sides of the ball. Our OL made big holes for our RBs, kept Hastings safe and allowed him enough time to make his throws. Our DL stopped the Vandals running game and put constant pressure on their QB Gevani McCoy.

We will have a front seat experience next Saturday. Get to the game Aggies.
  • agalum

Absolutely. Even the guys on the Vandal board were saying they were getting beat in the trenches.
  • Wookie
    Our son was a student sports med interrn at CAL his four years there. Fortunately it was during the Tedford years. When Pete Carrols USC team came to Memorial it was amazing seeing the size of their lineman and tight ends. The penetration off the snap was amazing. Poor CAL had no answers.
  • NCagalum
    The quote that this is the Best team in Aggie History, by the Head Coach raises the bar VERY HIGH. With that statement we need to win out and make the play-offs to be even close to the best team in UCD history. Hawk open the door VERY WIDE with this bold statement. Can anyone help me understand why he would make that statement?
    I think maybe the best construction or interpretation of that quote spoke to the depth of the team. I believe this is probably true if taken with this interpretation. I saw a lot of line and linebacker rotation last night with some names I had never heard of. Just a lot of solid players that can do the job. Maybe not a Keelan Doss playmaker (although one couldn’t expect much out of Gilliam and his outstanding year). I wold say that this year’s defense is better than 2018. And the offense is really humming now.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!